• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Just installed NS and so far so good

After backing up my computer I took the plunge and installed a 30 trial of NS on one machine and so far so good.  Everything seems to be working fine.

I have not changed my subscription to N360 yet as if I try and get my time moved to NS that key will become invalid and there would no returning to N360.

Overall though as far as the program is concerned, Well done beta testers and Symantec development team.  Nice work!

Thanks.   

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Just installed NS and so far so good

Hi, Krusty. Did you over install it as per Norton employee AstroVet's comment ? Apparently, no need to uninstall previous product.

Re: do I need to uninstall Norton AV

Posted: 24-Sep-2014 | 9:30AM • Permalink

The new Norton Security product will install over existing Norton solutions, such as Norton AntiVirus

Windows 10 Home X 64
Danksagungen1 Stats

Yep!  Just installed straight over N360v21.6 and YES I still have a local vault! 

Danksagungen0

Hi Krusty13,

Glad I found this as I was about to post regarding installing the new NS!

I won't be getting it just yet but, can I confirm, if say you decide on downloading the 30 day trial, you leave your current NIS alone, follow the prompts from the install process of the trial version and NS will do it's stuff? There was me thinking you would have to do clean installs, ie,  NRT etc.

Thanks for posting this.

Danksagungen0

Hi,

For now I'm testing on XP and the NTB has major problems with FF 32.

See: https://community.norton.com/forums/severe-bug-ff-32-ns

Regards,

Danksagungen0

Hi Krusty,

For now I'm testing on my XP system and NTB has severe isues with FF 32.

Reference here: https://community.norton.com/forums/severe-bug-ff-32-ns

Cheers,

Danksagungen0

Hi Krusty13,

Glad I found this as I was about to post regarding installing the new NS!

I won't be getting it just yet but, can I confirm, if say you decide on downloading the 30 day trial, you leave your current NIS alone, follow the prompts from the install process of the trial version and NS will do it's stuff? There was me thinking you would have to do clean installs, ie,  NRT etc.

Thanks for posting this.

That's correct.  You can leave NIS and NS will take care of the rest.  What I can't confirm is what happens if you uninstall NS and reinstall NIS / N360.  I see both of my machines in Norton Management with one now being a trial of NS and the other is still N360.

PS: I had N360 and installed NS with the same result.

Danksagungen0

Hi Krusty,

For the moment, I'm testing on my XP system and NTB has major issues with FF 32.02

Reference: https://community.norton.com/forums/severe-bug-ff-32-ns

Cheers!

Danksagungen0

Hi Krusty,

For the moment, I'm testing on my XP system and NTB has major issues with FF 32.02

Reference: https://community.norton.com/forums/severe-bug-ff-32-ns

Cheers!

Danksagungen1 Stats

That's correct.  You can leave NIS and NS will take care of the rest.  What I can't confirm is what happens if you uninstall NS and reinstall NIS / N360.  I see both of my machines in Norton Management with one now being a trial of NS and the other is still N360.

PS: I had N360 and installed NS with the same result.

FWIW; This was my experience on this question...

Assuming that the current RTM release is in fact the same code as the last beta release as is being reported, I can say that when I tried uninstalling the last NS beta and reinstalling NIS, that artifacts of the NS installation were left behind, such as the NS scheduler controlled NS Cleanup Task being one of these artifacts - which continued to show in the NIS scheduler and could not be deleted.  After discovering this I tried using WCP to uninstall NIS, followed by using NRT, then reinstalling NIS - but the NS artifacts remained.

I ended up restoring an Acronis HD image of the system which I had created in July (prior to installing the NS beta).  The earlier installed NIS that the restored image contained then Live-updated itself to the v21.5.0.19 release.

Kind regards,

John

Danksagungen0

Krusty13,

Could you try a Norton Insight Scan and see if it completes.

I have a clean install of NS and mine fails, but it was recommended to do a reinstall.

Don't have time to do that just yet so wanted to see if anyone else has seen this problem.

Thanks,

Jim

Danksagungen0

Hi Jim,

I did run Norton Insight Scan and it eventually did complete.  I don't have NS installed now, I've restored an image of my system from before NS.

Dave

Danksagungen0

" Just installed NS and so far so good".

Really????

Cheers,

Danksagungen1 Stats

Well it runs so well it just doesn't want to stop so won't let me shut down. 

Danksagungen0

" Well it runs so well it just doesn't want to stop so won't let me shut down"

HaHa!!  This comment was amazing, you made my night mate!!

A really well earned kudos from my part...

Cheers!!

Danksagungen0

Krusty13,

Could you try a Norton Insight Scan and see if it completes.

I have a clean install of NS and mine fails, but it was recommended to do a reinstall.

Don't have time to do that just yet so wanted to see if anyone else has seen this problem.

Thanks,

Just rebooted and ran LU and Norton Insight Scan is working again and is very quick.

And my W7 x64 system will shutdown just fine.

And I thought Beta testing was over.

Jim

Danksagungen1 Stats

Okay, I did the trial install over the top of NIS and then logged in with my account. My local vault stayed. I then went to purchase through the NS program, was able to, and my remaining days on my NIS were prorated and added automatically to my new subscription! Perfect and no need to call support. Just make sure to follow the steps above and mine;

1) Download and install trial over the top of your existing program (it will automatically uninstall the old, install the new, and retain local vault if you have one).

2) When it asks you to sign in, use your existing Norton account

3) Then, activate/purchase through the main NS/NSB screen

4) It should take and prorate your remaining days on the previous program to your new subscription (note the old licenses become invalid so make sure other computers using that same license are updated and activated using your new key)

The prorating depends on if you are going to NS or NSB. NS is 3/5 of your days and NSB is 3/10 (since NSB covers 10 devices).

NOTE: YMMV - I do not guarantee anything about this process, just my opinion. Do at your own risk.

Danksagungen0

Hello,

Thanks guys for the info. I was about to open a thread regarding installation of NS (uninstalling NIS/N360, using NRT, etc).

Norton Security has hit Amazon as of this writing early morning 9/26. It looks like the changeover won't be as painful cost-wise as I thought, especially for those with some time left on our subscriptions and can wait a while.

I would still like to know if I decide to stay with 2014 for another year if I purchase a key from Amazon will 2014 still be supported for at least another year?

Regards,

Win 10 Home x64, NS 22.5.5.15, AMD A6-5400K APU and 6GB RAM
Danksagungen0

Hi, Ballistic. Symantec has said that the previous products will still be supported, both in terms of definitions etc., and patches.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Danksagungen0

The prorating depends on if you are going to NS or NSB. NS is 3/5 of your days

What? So it is that how they gonna do? Ridiculous. 

First they suck out money, and even after that they still reduce existing subscription!  

Looks like someone ruining Symantec from inside. Changing 3rd CEO during last year also. They will not gain too much customers with actions like these...

Danksagungen0

What? So it is that how they gonna do? Ridiculous

This seems to be the way they do it if you do the install over the top from an existing license. I believe if you get on the chat and talk with someone they will do whatever works the best for you. But this does take contacting them. The previous method requires no chat or help and maybe adequate for some people. In my case I only had 61 days left before I had to renew so this worked fine for me. 

Danksagungen0

هل ممكن مساعدة في تحميل ملف فريم ويرك

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.