• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Windows 10 Defender has shut down my Norton Security

I've discovered recently that Windows Defender has now taken over my PC security. I can't shut it down. Also, Norton won't start up. Now I've tried by the menu and icon, and in Services, but I haven't tried anything by command-line. If it's malware doing this, I haven't noticed any great degradation in my PC's performance. I made a search, and I don't see anyone else describing a problem like this, so it didn't occur until now that it could be malware, that is, other than Microsoft's. 

Has anybody else seen this, knows what's causing it? Does anybody know of a remedy?  

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Windows 10 Defender has shut down my Norton Security

Hello hyperdome Remove and reinstall your product using the guidelines in this article: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

Additionally, disable fast boot in system power settings as this can cause issues on Windows 10. Here is how : https://community.norton.com/en/forums/windows-881-or-10-and-fast-start-feature-0

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.356 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Danksagungen0

hyperdome:

I've discovered recently that Windows Defender has now taken over my PC security.  

Defender normally yields to Norton. What does your Defender Security Center show?

Danksagungen1 Stats

All: When fast boot is disabled and the removal and reinstall has completed the screenshot below should be what is seen if it corrects the issue.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.356 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Danksagungen0

It doesn't show Norton at all. Norton doesn't appear in Task Manager either. When I click on a Norton icon, nothing happens. I'm going to try the suggested remedy tomorrow.

Danksagungen0

Thank you. I'll try the remedy tomorrow and will report in on the results.

Danksagungen0

Hey, I reloaded it as you said. Both Norton Security and Windows Defender are running, and that screen above is is what I see, with exception of an added line warning that I'm running multiple antivirus programs. 

That's minor. The problem's fixed. Thank you SoulAsylum. And thanks to everyone.

Danksagungen0

Great news. Please mark the thread post that solved your issue so others can see the solution if you'd be so kind. Glad we could help.

Cheers

Danksagungen1 Stats

hyperdome:

Both Norton Security and Windows Defender are running, and that screen above is is what I see, with exception of an added line warning that I'm running multiple antivirus programs. 

That's minor. The problem's fixed.

Actually, that is still an issue (which is why you get a warning).  Windows should automatically disable Windows Defender when Norton or another antivirus is installed.  Restart the computer using the restart option (not shutdown) to see if that corrects the problem.  Also, make sure Windows Fast Startup is turned off.   

Danksagungen0

SOJ, I have the same notice on my gamer using Malwarebytes alongside NSBU. Its never been an issue. I had also suggested previously for the OP to disable fast startup. Hopefully he has done that as well.

Cheers

Akzeptierte Lösung
Danksagungen0

Oh! Windows Fast Startup. I thought it was Bios Fast Startup. It wasn't intuitive to me that Windows would conflict with itself. Yes, I know. It always happens, and it always fools me.

I've shut down the proper fast startup thing. Windows Defender now gives me that exact screen. Thank you for staying on it.

Danksagungen0

hyperdome On some systems "fast startup" can be found in the BIOS as well. Disabling it there is a good idea since some BIOS are UEFI : https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/21284-enable-disable-fast-boot-uefi-firmware-settings-windows.html

Cheers

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.