• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Installation Issue

I have a licence which allows me to install Norton Security with Backup on ten computers.  At my leisure, I have been installing them without issue.

At the end of installation #7, I get this screen (I had to be really quick with the PrtScr button):

Then, half a second later, I get this screen:

All machines on which I am installing Norton Security, I previously had a Norton 2014 product which I've removed using the NRT.

All machines on which I have installed Norton Security, I have used the same downloaded installation file.

When I encountered this issue, I removed Norton Security with the NRT, then tried to reinstall. I have removed Norton Security, downloaded a new installer from the Norton website to install Norton Security.

The computer has full access to the Internet, the Windows firewall off, and no other security application installed.

After encountering this issue, I successfully installed Norton Security on another computer (immediately adjacent to the one in question) using the same installation file.

I am running out of options. What does this error message mean and how can I fix it?

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Installation Issue

Where did you purchase your copy of NSBU?

Who or what is SCPS1 default branding?

Are you sure there is no malware on the device you are having issues with?

Are you rebooting after running the NRT before installing NSBU?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

Thanks for the response; to answer your questions,

I bought it at Staples (Canada).

I have no idea what SCPS1 default branding is. That is a question for Norton I guess.

I'm sure the computer is it is malware-free (verified by malwarebytes and adwcleaner)

Yes, after every time I ran NRT, I rebooted.

Danksagungen0

As it is from Staples, that could explain the SCPS (maybe Staples Canada POS Security). There are 2 bar codes on Staples Norton packaging. One for the cash register, and one to activate the product key inside the box, to prove the product is legitimately purchased.

Looking back at the server error given, it could have just been just that. A Norton server may have been temporarily unavailable. Have you tried again after the successful install on the next computer.

Danksagungen0

That's a good theory for what SCPS may stand for.

Keeping in mind these are two laptops sitting side-by-side on the same network:

I tried on computer 1, error. Remove and retry, error. Install on computer 2, success. Remove and retry on computer 1, error.

Danksagungen0

I just looked back on your earlier posts. Are you using the free or the Premium version of Malwarebytes?

If the Premium version, try uninstalling that while you install Norton.

Danksagungen0

Hello

Do you have a satellite connection? Or perhaps some where along the routing, there might have been a satellite hop which was temporarily down.  Just a guess after trying to look up those letters in the first picture.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Danksagungen0

To answer a few more questions:

I used the free version of Malwarebytes. I use it, then uninstall it right after.

The Internet connection I'm on is a cable connection, however I guess it's worth a shot to try activate on a completely different connection...

Akzeptierte Lösung
Danksagungen0

Thanks to those who helped. The issue rectified itself; I was able to activate just fine today (same internet connection).

I wish I could leave some information for others who have the same issue and stumble upon this thread, but I have none to leave other than "try again and again, then later, try again."

Danksagungen0

Thanks for letting us know. As the error message noted, it was some kind of server error. Why it only affected one device is anyone's guess.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.