• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

Battlefield 4/Punkbuster Game Kick since update to Norton Security

Since updating to Norton Security a month or so again I'm unable to play Battlefield 4 for more than 10-15 minutes without being kicked by Punkbuster with this error: Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'XXXX' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Disallowed Program/Driver [130827]. I checked my firewall to make sure BF4 and Punkbuster are permitted and they were, and tried temporarily disabling both the Firewall and AV with no resolution. I am only able to resolve it if I uninstall Norton completely then BF4 works fine with no issues. Which clearly points to a Norton issue. I'm hoping either someone else has this issue and has been able to resolve it, or possibly Symantec reads these board and resolves it. As it stands now I've uninstalled Norton and will no longer be using the product if this is not resolved - Norton Security with Backup user 2007-2015

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Battlefield 4/Punkbuster Game Kick since update to Norton Security

Hello Frustrated222

Have you contacted Punkbuster to see how they say to resolve this issue? Is Punkbuster updated to the latest  version. What version is your NSwB? How did you install it? Do you have any other security program installed now? If it was a Norton problem, then you wouldn't be able to connect at all to BF 4. Have you tried different servers? Have you entered both BF4 and Punkbuster .exe's to the Quiet Mode under User-Specified Mode? You enter the .exe's and Norton won't bother you until you finish playing.  Also are your vid drivers up to date?

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Danksagungen0

floplot, thank you for the reply. NSwB ver. 22.2.0.31. No other programs. Yes everything else has been updated to the latest versions, drivers, game, PB, etc. I did also open a ticket with Evenbalance the makers of Punkbuster. I've turned on logs as they have asked. So far I can CONFIRM its Norton since I uninstalled NSwB and the issue went away. Reinstalled it and it came back. I have now turned off a bunch of other NSwB functionality and so far have NOT been kicked. So I have narrowed it down to one of the following functions in Norton that is causing the issue: Idle Time Optimizer, Remote Management, Power Saving Mode, Special Offer Notifications, Firefox cleanup and I've turned all Task Scheduling to Manual. I'm going to turn one on at a time until I'm kicked then let Evenbalance and Symantec figure it out.
Danksagungen1 Stats

Hello

Some of those you can leave off. Idle time optimizer, special offer notifications, firefox cleanup I would leave off. power saving mode if you have a laptop probably should be on.. Remember to run live update a few times a day to keep your product up to date.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.