• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

"Manage your norton products" questions

Two questions 1 - One of my installs shows a big red x, but appears to be installed and running correctly - what is this? 2 - I am unable to figure out how to list the installs and the machine name. The manage tool shows me totally useless names like "windows7-1" and in another screen it shows me the machine name, but nowhere does it show me both, so I can figure out which machine is having the problem! Please explain....thanks!

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: "Manage your norton products" questions

1. On this machine check whether you have Remote Management enabled.  Settings > Administrative Settings > Remote Management > On > Apply.
  2. If you open Norton and go to Help > About it should tell you the name Norton has given each machine.

I hope that helps.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Danksagungen0

Thanks for the answer, but someone on the design team should be demoted, shot, then fired. I have to go to each machine and open the user interface on that machine to determine the relationship between the machine name and random name NS gave it? Surely you cant be serious. That's pretty sorry design. For heavens sake, you list the machine names on the online GUI, and you list the names NS has used, just give me the two on the same line.
Danksagungen0

When you say, "you", I guess you're talking about, or to someone from Symantec.  I'm not.  I'm just a Norton user like yourself who volunteers to help where I can.

Feel free to submit your suggestion here  -  Product Suggestions

Edit:  Once you've figured out which machine is which you can rename them to anything you like using the Norton Management portal.

Danksagungen0

Sorry, no offense intended, I meant to offend the idiot at Norton who made the stupid design decision. Thanks for volunteering to answer questions.
Danksagungen0

No problems, I hope it helped, even if it isn't easier than it should be.  I agree, I don't know why it doesn't go by the Windows name of the computer, but then that probably makes too much sense.

The other alternative is to shut all machines down but one, rename it in Norton Management, start another, rename it and so on.  That's probably even more of a PITA.

Cheers.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.