• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

error undock from usb mass storage device

Hi

i have a error at the usb safe eject i click 1. to eject the usb device an the error message (error undock from usb mass storage device) prompt up then i click 2. time and it works.

its definitively a problem with the norton security.

sory for my bad engl. :-)

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: error undock from usb mass storage device

Can you tell us what version of Windows you are using and what Norton Product (together with its Version ID which is in the format nn.nn.nn.nnn where n is a number -- it's in Help/Support > About).

What were you doing on the computer just before going to safely eject the USB drive?

Could anything still be running from, presumably, having accessed something on the usb device? Or might Norton be scanning it?

If you are on Windows XP still here's a Microsoft note about it

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/555665

probably exists in your preferred language if you go to the Microsoft address on your computer and look just for KB555665 --  or change the en-us in the URL to the code for your region.

Hugh
Danksagungen0

The first program on my computer that I shut down before trying to eject an external device is Windows Explorer (or My Computer). If that is open, it is still accessing your USB device so Windows will not allow it to safely eject.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

my windows version is 1151 build 10586.104

My Norton ver. is 22.5.2.15

i copy a file to the stick close  the window and then i chose safe eject there a no programms runnig an norton dont scan its the same picture after a reboot.

if i deinstall norton it works perfectly with the safe eject.

Danksagungen0

dmx

So you are using Windows 10 ....

Can you say what you are actually doing when the error message comes up? Are you shutting down the computer or are you just continuing to use the computer and wanting to remove the USB thumbdrive?

You could try being certain that Fast Boot is disabled in case the storage aspect of that is the problem -- if you Restart your computer rather than Shut Down does it make any difference to what happens?

With Windows 10 anything might be going on and I've not really used it at all yet, certainly not with a USB thumbdrive except when I installed it and then I had no problem removing the thumbdrive.

Hugh
Danksagungen0

im just continuing use the pc Fast Boot in Windows is Disabled cause it triggers a kernel 41 event

i have now @ the moment my old gdate lizens with 2 days left an there is no problem with usb drives an safe eject it must be a norton problem but i have no idea how can i solve it i find nothing in the settings to test it

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.