• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

Duplicate devices

Norton seems to be creating duplicate devices. For example I have a Windows 7 and a Window 7-1. I have a Windows 10 and a Windows 10-1. In all Norton has me having six devices covered when I only own four that are covered. I want to delete coverage from either the 7 or 7-1 and either the 10or 10-1. Safe? Advice?

Antworten

Danksagungen1 Stats

Re: Duplicate devices

Hello Tad and welcome to the forums. I had this issue a few months ago when I added another user to my account. Same scenario. How I got it straightened out was a bit of an arcane ordeal but was efficient nevertheless. I went into each device (there were 6) and actually renamed each device in the control panel, under system, then advanced system settings then computer name. For instance my laptop was renamed LenovoZ580. Then I rebooted each device. I made a listing of each computer as it was renamed for reference. Next I logged into my Norton account and REMOVED every device from the active subscription, then logged out of the account. I then went back to each device one at a time and reactivated Norton on each device, and bounced that against the list when I logged back into my Norton account. You can then see what is still there that isn't correct and remove safely. Worked like a charm although was bit of work on my part. Let us know if this worked for you as well.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.356 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Danksagungen0

I have the same thing as well. If i click on my devices on my account it shows as having two more devices than i should. However if i click on my subscriptions it shows the correct amount along with the full device names

Danksagungen0

lacuna I have Norton Security Premium with Backup. Checking my account page I looked under "licenses" and a small window appeared with the list of named devices which were all correct. Are you looking there for the same information as I am? If you are sure the devices that aren't supposed to be there are not needed just remove them.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.356 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.