• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

Cannot Install Norton

I've had issues with windows updates, but did not download the current problematic one. This started happening last week when I was unable to change anything regarding updates, everything was greyed out. I noticed the issue while gaming, my gaming slowed to a crawl on my ASUS ROG. When I opened up task manager I saw the relentless Microsoft update working in the background. I set it to metered connection, tried disabling it, nothing works. Microsoft has invaded my laptop. I am running Windows 10 Home.  I attempted a restore yesterday, which failed. Then I noticed my Norton was not working.

I could not disable Windows Defender, as I thought maybe it was blocking the Norton install.  I received the error 8504, 101.  I attempted every solution I could find about that error. I have run power eraser and it states the laptop is clean. I am unable to use safe mode with networking, it will not connect to the internet.  I have tried four times to download and reinstall, it keeps coming back with an error and gets stuck in the sending to Norton loop. My subscription is current. I cannot find any suggestions to help me.  I have tried to re-download from the power eraser tool, it won't install. I have run the Norton removal tool after every failed install, and it won't even install from the removal tool. I have tried to download the basic, and also twice actually logged in to my account. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Cannot Install Norton

Hello. To me it sounds like a corrupted windows and a reinstall could do it. Looks to me like there's several categories that got corrupted, and possibly from windows update(s) in the past. This is just my opinion is all, and no expert, but been around computers since '84..

DELL XPS 8900 / I7-6700 / 64bit / 16GB RAM Win7 Pro - Norton Security
Danksagungen0

Thanks for the advice! I got frustrated and did a clean reset. Here's hoping this works
Danksagungen0

Hello RESLJ. My suggestion is disabling "fast startup" in Windows BEFORE installing your Norton product again. Fast startup can and does cause issues with software installs due to the system not getting a complete and clean release of data retained in memory when the system restarts.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Danksagungen0

Hello

Which Norton product and version are you trying to install? Perhaps it would work from a direct link to the Norton product.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.