• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

instalation from flash drive

is it possible to install norton security premium from a flash drive (full trial)?  if so where is the link to the single full installation file please?

i just bought an activation code from norton for this product, but i have a very slow internet connection and do not want to be online for hours.

thanks.

Labels: Installation

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: instalation from flash drive

Hello Newtonorton. You can directly download from the link below.

https://norton.com/latestnis

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.295 / N360 Deluxe 22.18.0.213 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Danksagungen0

thanks SoulAsylum! is this the full installation (trial) file for security premium? may i ask is there any history or latest build date page....?

i am very thankful for your help! i asked the tech support live chat area before posting here if anything like this exists and they stated no. no installation file of any kind only a downloader.exe file.

Danksagungen1 Stats

For Premium use http://www.norton.com/latestnsbu .

Premium has the Backup feature.

The other link is for NIS.

The current links give your version 22.15.0.88 and Live Update will get you to 22.16.0.247.

Read about the update here: https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements

Jim

Danksagungen0

thanks phoneman! once i install the program from your link can i update to the newest version of security premium within the program or do i have to do the update via a website? 

Danksagungen0

Open Norton and use Live Update.  When LU is run it will give the results as to what has been installed and show a Patch is pending and ask you to install. You may have to run LU a few times until it shows No Updates Found.

It has been a while since I did a new install but I think on the install it will save a Norton Installation Folder on the Desktop and this can be moved to another PC and it has all the install files so it does not have to re-download all the files. This is from old memory and maybe some other members can clarify. 

Jim

Danksagungen0

thank you! it would also be good to know how old that version is and how often norton updates that link.

Danksagungen0

I believe 22.15.0.88  was released on Aug 3 and is compatible with Windows 10 1809.

22.16.0.247 was released on Oct 8.

When 1st released they are only available through LU on an existing installation.

The download version for a new install is usually a few Months behind.

Jim

Danksagungen0

Just a clarification. The LiveUpdate to get to the absolute latest version will require an internet connection. And you will need it for each computer you install Norton on. You will also need the connection for regular updates to malware definitions.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

Should the link that SoulAsylum posted on Oct 29, 2018, be stated as .../latestns   ?

(All the rest of the link address staying unchanged)?

Danksagungen0

thanks! may i ask is this link and file from norton's website? i ask this b/c when i click on those links it gives me a different "from" website that the file comes from. meaning the download site is different than the one in the link.

Danksagungen0

if it shows "buy-download.norton.com" it is correct.

JIm

Danksagungen0

yes and thanks.

this is different than https://norton.com

curious if a moderator or employee has commented on this being from the company?

Danksagungen0

There are multiple products.

latestnis = Norton Internet Security which is longer sold.

latestns = Norton Security (Standard or Deluxe) depends on key

latestnsbu = Norton Security Premium (has backup feature).

Jim

Danksagungen0

thanks jim! any thoughts on how to verfiy if the buy-downoload site is from norton or third party? how can we get a moderator or employee on here to confirm?

Danksagungen0

Newtonorton

Those links are the official links for direct access to individual product installer downloads that we gurus have been given by our official Norton contacts. When you look at the web address, you will note that the end of the URL is    .norton.com  As long as there is a (.)dot before the norton.com, it is a genuine Norton site. If it were just    buy-downloadnorton.com    without the dot before norton, it would not be a genuine Norton.com web site.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.