• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

Error During Scan message when I try to run Full System Scan

Suddenly, when I tried to run my weekly Full System Scan, I get a box with a red line across it that says Error During Scan.  Checked versions, am running the latest Norton version.  I'll try rebooting but this has never happened before.  The quick scan works fine.

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Error During Scan message when I try to run Full System Scan

Hello K Quail. Disable ALL the exploit protection settings and try the full scan again. Once done reenable them if things work as they should.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Danksagungen0

I get a somewhat similar problem. Full scan starts and runs for a while, but then terminates prematurely with a (red) error message:

"! Scan Stopped"

Previously whilst browsing on the ebay.uk web site, I got what appeared to be a spoof Norton error message, claiming that there were 7 viruses on the computer and telling me not to leave that page without clicking what purported to be a Norton "Scan" button. I ignored that, closed the browser, and restarted Norton. Quick Scan, Full System Scan (until it stopped)  & Power Eraser all reported "no problems", as did Windows Defender, (OS -= Win 10), and continue to report no problems since, apart from full system scan terminating prematurely. 

Danksagungen0

Bevan what you experienced was most likely a malformed ad on the ebay site. Closing your browser and clearing its cache will rid the browser of it normally. Try the suggestion I gave K Quail. There is a known issue where exploit settings are causing Norton scans to fail, up to and including Norton itself stops functioning. Requiring a reboot. If you can get a completed full scan do not forget to re-enable the exploit prevention settings again.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Danksagungen1 Stats

I just restarted my computer and the error message went away.  There have been three separate Windows 10 updates in the last couple weeks.  Those always cause problems.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.