• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

"Awaitng agent backup"

This is what I get when I try to backup on my second computer.  I called customer support last night, completely useless, didn't seem to know anything about this problem. Did uninstall,reinstall, turn off the computer, etc.  Someone from Norton was supposed to call back today who could help, no one did.  I've read the forums and nothing previously suggested has worked.

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: "Awaitng agent backup"

This is what I get when I try to backup on my second computer.  I called customer support last night, completely useless, didn't seem to know anything about this problem. Did uninstall,reinstall, turn off the computer, etc.  Someone from Norton was supposed to call back today who could help, no one did.  I've read the forums and nothing previously suggested has worked.

Danksagungen0

Hello, I have seen this many times in support. This message "Awaiting Agent Backup" is not an error. This is the server telling you that it is working on something but it knows you are there. This aways shows on a new backup because the server has to build the folder where it is going to be putting that back up set. There are also other factors of the server that will make this message present itself, High traffic flow and you are in a waiting que for example. Hope this helps. Mike

*edit*

Also If you have a break in your comunication link it could cause the software to get hung in that nature. Make sure that the computer is wake and not set to sleep, hybernate, or have the hard drive turn off during the backups. These can all lead to the software hanging on the same message. if you beleive that it has hung cancel the backup wait 2 hours or more then start it again. Waiting gives the server time to release everything so you do not get the error duplicate machine id already running a job.

Michael: Technical Account Manager NAM
Danksagungen1 Stats

Thanks, but that totally didn't work. Just keeps switching between calculating storage and awaiting agent backup and never gets anywhere, for hours, even days.

Danksagungen0

There definitely is something preventing the agent from communicating with the backend. That's why its going in the never ending loop. Can you provide details of your network setup?

Danksagungen0

Thanks for offering to help.  I'm a home user, I just have a standard home network via FIOS with a router, which both "main" computers are plugged into.  I haven't had any trouble with Computer no 1, only computer no 2, and they are both on the same network.  Computer no. 2 also doesn't have any trouble access website, downloading, etc., and the Norton rep.  didn't have any trouble taking control of my computer remotely.

Danksagungen0

Considering the additional info it is probable the install didn't complete properly. It creates some unique identifers in a local ini file. If those don't get established it won't be able to work correctly. It'd also mimic the behavior you're seeing. Is there any data on the one set which is having the issue?

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.