• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen1 Stats

Firefox 31 crashes when using Norton Identity Safe on Norton Toolbar

Firefox always crashes when I try to use my Identity Safe on the Norton Toolbar.  Once it restarts, I can use Identity Safe immidiately, but if I wait a few minutes and try to access it again, it crashes FF and I have to start all over again.  It's very annoying.  I'm running Windows 8.  Is anyone else having this issue or is their a solution to it?

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Firefox 31 crashes when using Norton Identity Safe on Norton Toolbar

Firefox always crashes when I try to use my Identity Safe on the Norton Toolbar.  Once it restarts, I can use Identity Safe immidiately, but if I wait a few minutes and try to access it again, it crashes FF and I have to start all over again.  It's very annoying.  I'm running Windows 8.  Is anyone else having this issue or is their a solution to it?

Danksagungen0

My problem is a little different. I am also using Firefox 31 and the Norton toolbar.

If my Identity Safe Password Vault is open and I go to the AT&T account sign in page Firefox crashes immediately.

I also have another glitch. After the Vault has been open for a while the buttons on the toolbar stop responding until I close and restart Firefox. If I want to edit an entry or close the vault I cannot do it until I restart the browser.

Both of these problems have persisted through a few generations of my Norton 360 and Firefox.

Danksagungen1 Stats

There have been problems with this since FF30. Mine will fail occasionaly if I leave the vault open for a while and then clcik on the toolbar vault icon. Last time I checked the FF website this error was the #1 crash with FF. I blame FF with their rapid updated cycle.

Jim

Danksagungen0

lynx4 this has been going on for ages

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Firefox-28-crashes-using-NIS-toolbar/m-p/1121714

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Norton-Toolbar-Identity-Safe-STILL-crashes-Firefox-and-Chrome/m-p/1155128#M20853

Still no sollution and it feels like being stuck with a faulty product, however the fault arose. Sure as hell aint anything at my end. As an experienced NIS customer for years, one minute my FF and Norton ID Safe experience was a good one then, all of a sudden, it wasn't when the toolbar was redesigned.

Enguiring about sollutions just feels like plain ol' howling at the moon with zero remedies offered from Norton as far as I know.

Danksagungen0

It does seem that something more than the facelift changed is at fault here.. The Norton toolbar has passed the compatibility tests on all recent updatees of Firefox and still it does not work properly. Time for developers on both ends to get on the same page and find the cause.

Danksagungen0

[edit] posted in wrong thread...

Danksagungen0

I had been running FF 31.0 for a while. Then 2 weeks ago I received a notice to upgrade my Norton Tool Bar due to a situation with Chrome (can't remember the exact wording of the notice). I updated Norton Tool Bar (now version 2014.7.6.15). Next time I started FF, I received the crash. Everytime I tried to start FF, it crashed immediately (home page was  ask.com). If I went to firefox.com, I could start FF, but as soon as I entered a different url, FF crashed. Started FF in safe mode and removed all tool bars and everything works fine. Long story, short, the only tool bar which causes the problem is Norton Tool Bar. Everything runs fine as long as I do not enable it.

I'm running a 64 bit Windows 7, SP 1 box (HP Pavilion dv7 laptop) with 8 Gb of ram, Firefox 31.0, Norton 360 21.5.0.19. The only way I can get Firefox to run is if I disable the Norton Tool Bar. Looks to me like something in the last update to the tool bar has caused the problem, but I haven't a clue as to what. Sure like to get it fixed. Is there anyway I can back off the last update to the tool bar or even install an earlier version?

Danksagungen0

Hi, farmer-guy. There have been issues for some users with Firefox 31, mainly the loss of the Safe Search icons.

Fwiw, I reverted to Firefox 30, so as to have a working extension.

However if you feel it's not worth reverting, you may know that Symantec has issued a patch to better utilise protection in Firefox and IE.

See miket's post here.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/norton-vulniability-protection-and-ff31/m-p/1173397/highlight/true#M21698

Also Firefox 32 is imminent, so you may wish to wait for that.

Windows 10 Home X 64

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.