Norton Safe Web v184.108.40.206 extension is now available!
Note: This release is done in a throttled manner.
Online Banking Protection:
- Online banking protection provides an additional layer of security when you are transacting with financial websites such as your bank or credit card company. Online Banking Protection feature employs Web Isolation Mode which is installed as part of the Norton Safe Web extension and is enabled by default.
- With Online Banking Protection, user will automatically get redirected to connect to the bank website via a Symantec owned server in the cloud.
- The isolation mode prevents attackers from exploiting browser vulnerabilities to deliver malware to your endpoint. It also stops malware from reaching its targets and prevents phishing attacks by isolating suspicious URL links.
How to enable the Online Banking Protection feature?
The feature is enabled when you access or click on supported financial websites on Chrome browser. For the list of supported websites, please check FAQ: Online Banking Protection page.
"Remember for this website" Checkbox:
- The isolation prompt provides a "Remember for this website" checkbox that stores the user action for supported banking sites. This option permits the user to turn on automatic isolation or to turn off isolation altogether on a site by site basis.
- The user may choose to automatically isolate supported banking sites by checking "Remember for this website" and hitting "sign in/continue". When this option is selected, navigation to the selected banking site will be isolated without requiring user action. Closing the dialog using the "X" or hitting cancel will prevent the feature from persisting any user action.
Turning Off Isolation:
- The user may choose to bypass isolation prompts and isolation by checking "Remember for this website" and hitting "Continue without isolation". When this option is selected, navigating to the selected banking site will prevent isolation and won't prompt the user. Closing the dialog using the "X" or hitting cancel will prevent the feature from persisting any user action
- Settings interface permits the user to modify per site isolation settings (for supported banking sites). Settings interface will list a banking site only after it has been visited once.
For more information, please visit FAQ: Online Banking Protection page