Norton Security 7.1 & Norton AntiVirus 7.1 for Mac is now Available!
We have completed testing our latest update of Norton Security 7.1 & Norton AntiVirus 7.1 for Mac and have released the update via LiveUpdate. This update is now available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate.
Note: A reboot is required to apply the patch.
To verify you have received the new update, from the Norton Security product, from the Menu, click Norton Security -> About Norton Security.
Below FAQ's addresses some common questions:
1. How can I download this update?
For Norton Security 7.0 run LiveUpdate manually to receive the update 7.1. You can also download Norton Security 7.1 directly from
Norton Portal: Norton.com/SetUp.
For Norton Antivirus 7.0, update available only via Live Updates.
2. What are the languages this update is available for?
All supported languages.
3. Changes/Bug Fixes:
- Fixed the issue where Quick Menu icon is barely visible when "Use dark menu and dock" is enabled in system prefs Link
- Resolved an issue where Application Blocking does not retain allowed or blocked Apps Link
- Alert "An unknown service port (Port xxx) is starting on your mac." keeps popping up continuously issue addressed Link
- Fixed an issue where LiveUpdate does not complete when run from Norton interface
- Fixed "Server error: We're working to resolve an issue that prevents us from completing your request. Try again later (-6)" appears while activating Norton
- "Norton needs to add the Norton Security Extension to Chrome" appears on every launch of Chrome issue fixed
- Fixed : Error: Scan and Live Update at Risk issue
- Other bug fixes & performance improvements