• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Unable to activate Two-step verification for Norton Zone account.

Have a problem with the two step verification. The procedure to setup that all goes well. But, once I logout and login back, it remains deactivated and I need to setup that again. The process repeats and continues the same and it remains deactivated. I am also able to activate the primary and the backup phones for receiving the code. But the status remains OFF and repeats the same once I start activating again.

Is there anyone else having the same issue? Hoping a fix soon.

I had also sent a private message to one of the Admin (Gayathri_R) regarding the issue.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Unable to activate Two-step verification for Norton Zone account.

Have a problem with the two step verification. The procedure to setup that all goes well. But, once I logout and login back, it remains deactivated and I need to setup that again. The process repeats and continues the same and it remains deactivated. I am also able to activate the primary and the backup phones for receiving the code. But the status remains OFF and repeats the same once I start activating again.

I had also sent a private message to one of the Admin (Gayathri_R) regarding the issue.

Kudos0

I have found the same problem. I was trying it twice yesterday to activate and no luck. Stays "off".  And I could not find anything to help on the forum or web site.

Kudos0

I too find this to be an issue.

I'll see if I can get the team to check this for us.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi All, 

There is an issue with Norton Zone updating whether 2-Step Verification is On/Off within Account Settings. Below is my account that 2-Step Verification working: 

Notice, it appears as if it's OFF, but it's not. We're looking into this. To really know if it's on/off, click on Activate and then you'll be taken to this screen: 

Notice, it states two-step verification is ON! However, you may ask why is it not working? Well if you trust the computer, it won't ask you for verification. The best way to test is try logging in on another device. Can you try and let me know if you still get it not working? 

Hope this helps,

Aman Manik

Norton Zone Product Management

Kudos0

NO go. Looked into that by clicking activate and goes to the screen stating "add stronger security to your account". Still not working.

I did get email stating it was activated yesterday when trying to set it up though.

Kudos0

toddbloom wrote:

NO go. Looked into that by clicking activate and goes to the screen stating "add stronger security to your account". Still not working.

I did get email stating it was activated yesterday when trying to set it up though.

I too get directed to the setup page again when I click on Activate.  

I did  not get any confirmation email.

I have logged in from both my laptop and my iPad, with the same results.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

RenjiNAbraham wrote:

Checked now and seems that the issue had been fixed.

Kudos0

Confirmed. I just signed into my Zone account and was asked for the secondary verification.

Kudos0

No one else is having issues? Thank you for following-up folks. I am trying understand what caused this. Glad it's working though!

Kudos0

To add to my last post, this last login that worked correctly with the 2 step verification required no additional steps on my part.

The previous test included logging in and out of Zone, rebooting computer, and multiple attempts to set up the 2 step verification.

Kudos0

the only thing that doesn't work yet is on the account settings page still shows "off" but if click on "activate" it shows it is turned on.

Kudos0

toddbloom wrote:

the only thing that doesn't work yet is on the account settings page still shows "off" but if click on "activate" it shows it is turned on.

My setting showed it was on.

Have you tried restarting your comuter and logging in again one more time?

Kudos0

amanik wrote:

Hi All, 

There is an issue with Norton Zone updating whether 2-Step Verification is On/Off within Account Settings. Below is my account that 2-Step Verification working: 

Notice, it appears as if it's OFF, but it's not. We're looking into this. To really know if it's on/off, click on Activate and then you'll be taken to this screen: 

Notice, it states two-step verification is ON! However, you may ask why is it not working? Well if you trust the computer, it won't ask you for verification. The best way to test is try logging in on another device. Can you try and let me know if you still get it not working? 

Hope this helps,

Aman Manik

Norton Zone Product Management

Same here (2 step verification is OFF even if it is working) only connecting to Norton Zone web site via client  (right clicking on the Zone icon in the system tray and clicking on Launch Norton Zone Website). If I login via browser the 2 step verification is correctly ON.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.