• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Firefoх 38.0.5 and Norton Toolbar

Hi,Тhere’s an out-of-cycle release planned for June 2nd, which will go with version number Firefoх 38.0.5. There will be no compatibility issues with Norton Toolbar?

https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/05/13/compatibility-update-firefox-38-and-38-0-5/

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Firefoх 38.0.5 and Norton Toolbar

"No compatibility issues with Norton Toolbar " is mozilla version. Why not wait untill June 2nd and test yourself.
Kudos0

Generally, there are only issues with the Toolbar and other add ons when the main version number changes. ie 38.x.x to 39.x.x.

But then again, Mozilla has messed things up before with updates that broke add ons.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I've been burned before with FF updates. Has anyone actually updated to FF 38.0.5 and had no problem with N toolbar?

There has to be some brave soul out there. I know the rule that only version changes require a patch first but once you've

been burned- you hesitate.

Kudos1 Stats

Okay for me >

Kudos0

Hi, I have just installed the new Norton security and have now chosed firefox as my default browser as I hate chrome. Can you tell me how to get my toolbar to work as it is greyed out in the addons and I have this release date.

Kudos0

After Norton Security install.  You'll have to run Live Update numerous times along with several restarts.  To bring down patches and updates current.  Just because you're at 22.2.0.31 doesn't mean you've pulled available patches....try this n' post back. 

Kudos0

Many thanks you are a start!!  It worked!! I seem to have forgotten a lot of stuff I use to know because I've not really sat at my pc for ages and now I have 8.1 which I hate. Puts me off using my pc. Ha Ha Ha

Kudos0

Well, look around the Community.  There's a Norton Security and Tech Outpost board that may be of interest.  Welcome to Norton Community

Kudos0

Hello

Since you are running Windows 8.1, please turn off Fast Startup feature which interferes with Norton and many other programs. For one thing, it should help you get your patches to come down through Live Update. Remember to get patch first and to set Firefox to let you know when there is a update, but let you decide when to update.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I have Vista; updated to 38.0.5 but still getting crash reports after closing FF. The good news is that N toolbar looks like

it is working.

Kudos0

MurftheSurf:

I have Vista; updated to 38.0.5 but still getting crash reports after closing FF. The good news is that N toolbar looks like it is working.

Sorry, if you've answered somewhere else.  With Toolbar disabled.  Do you get crash upon close.  

Kudos0

I would be hard to tell because it is so random- it occurs about 1 out 7 closings; it is probably something else but I have no

idea what- I've had N toolbar for years and this started with an update ~37- I just keep hoping that it will be solved by FF;

thanks for the thought-after a while I just take to closing the little crash box that show up 1-2 mins after closing FF

Kudos0

Thanks .. FF = Luv it or Leave it. 

Kudos0

Thank you very much. I will have a look and hopefully I maybe to get help with other issues other than Norton. Who knows. Ha Ha

Kudos0

Hi, now you have got me. LOL

On Xp and I believe on windows 7 I found the startup. On this, I have no clue. Somehow I have managed to get some things on the desktop like the old way but apps, hate it. Don't mind them on a tablet but not on a pc!! Just don't feel right.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.