• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

virus sometimes detected

hi im using Norton and on scrn keyboard well the product finds some locator in p1999 files

im math happy and trigcircles they hacked me and keyboard is

acdehijklmnopqsuwxyz12367890

srry

I downloaded ur prog and the virus instantly eliminated w/o a message

turn off Norton and 2hr later keys slowly disappear repeatedly as they slowly hackme ?testmemory address?

I rerun Norton, I had done a liveupdate.... virus does not fix now.... retesting reinstall of Norton plz fix

avast auto-installs chrome and googletoolbar, no threats found bad

avg finds viruses in eqemu source eqextractor prog that Norton does not yet 

nortonn is pausing/stuck in loop on certain files causing no finish of full scan

Norton seems best so far

Norton having probs with System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.xml and other files

these files aer windows 8 basic files whats happening guys

Replies

Kudos0

Re: virus sometimes detected

I forgot it seemed to detect a virus in boost dir of eqemu code... when it was maybey 75% of thru scan comp shut down all progs and boot sector was damaged or windows end boot.... I used install cd it repaired boot and Norton history has no trace of boost dir file missing I would rlly like 4to see this prog become top shelf windows and Norton have been around for a while, not understanding seemingly fairly simple issues existing thx now retesting original install hoping to fix this

initial scan does not detect, updating
Kudos0

ok well keyboard still not working after 1st patch and quick scan... is it possible the virus has spread to my mouse keyboard or monitors hard drive im guess have to use offline comp but don't want to spread/endanger or infectram of anything else my level of coding knowledge does not let me defend against this bs not fair lol

ok well keyboard still not working after 2nd patch and quick scan...

ok well keyboard still not working after 3rd patch and quick scan...

it says no more updates this time

nothing diff nothing found power eraser

not sure how to acquire 360

filehippos

next is 360? not sure wat that is and other progs

360 w/o patch does not seem to be working

its amazing Norton is like 20 yrs old and we cant detect a key being intercepted

this is such a vital and basic thing
Kudos0

we cannot apply patch because we could not shut down all drivers, please restart...............

not sure If I have installed 2nd 360 patch or 1st scanning, restart then scanning again

I have installed 2nd 360 patch, not fixed still............................................................................ I have uninstalled then reinstalled keyboard drivers w/ Norton/avg running,not fixed ....... next option is reinstall windows from running windows........................................................... lasttime(2mo ago)mywindowsinstallwashacked->abortsbefore restart ................................................... we will now try with avg/Norton running............................................................................................ maybey basic defensive measures have been taken to prevent windows cd from being hijacked....................... last option is reinstall from cd

I have attempted to uninstall the anonymous keyboard driver and successfully reinstall by connecting via usb, going to try w/ Norton & avg running next after restart also last I checked windows install from running windows was hacked months ago, we will be retrying gonna summarize here, we are 20 years deep having trouble counting to 2 and 3 respectively im just trying to make a point perhaps help

Kudos0

Firstly, please do NOT try any 'quick fixes' or to solve this yourself.

It sounds like it's time to sign up for assistance from one of the free malware removal sites.  Please pick one and stay with them until your system is clean.

https://community.norton.com/forums/malware-removal-forum-recommendations

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

last well, it appears that both Norton and avg

do not detect any piece of windows install and protect the install process from changes

windows 8 installation failed, windows has failed to install. hacked error message

this would be a timeworthy investment perhaps

it is a very basic and necessary function of the windows operating system

it would enable people to fix their computers and stuff

it should be a fairly quick to accomplish addition to prog

thx guys hope ive helped somewhere,

Kudos0

hey again there is a bunch of unnecessary services in the services section... thru task manager in win8 some are named very very well too well kinda just surprised Norton doesn't remove all the unwanted services keyboard still doesn't work I did a search for keyboard fixer download updater but its not anything good

plz don't go searching for crazy files its always viruses sigh there is no hope
Kudos0

You should NOT run two active antivirus programs at the same time.

I suggest you take Krusty13's advice, and go to one of the free help forums in his link.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Kudos0

Snap !

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

its been 3 days the virus is worse and Norton updated doesnt fix it---- avg is almost irremovable liek a virus too

Kudos0

don't understand its so stupid that it got that far without fixing itself ...feel like there is the most problems and damages on my end of things not sure how subjective I should be I guess ill just try to download a keyboard fixer updater exe
Kudos0

Hello tool.....

You can not run 2 antivirus programs on one computer and expect them to be effective. As has been suggested before, your best and only bet would be go and visit one of the free malware removal sites. You follow their rules and instructions and perhaps they can help you to get your computer cleaned up if that is what you want to happen.. If you don't want a clean computer, then continue doing what you are doing.

Please see this link for an up to date description of these sites plus the addition of a newly listed site formed by one of our successful malware remover users. The new site is listed first in this link.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/malware-removal-forum-recommendations

This is the only safe way if you follow their instructions and rules as I said before. Sorry for the tough stance, but I think that is what is needed here.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

sorry, back to this.... the virus has infected ram I do not have ram/harddrives yet to see if virus infects monitors/mouse/keyboard.... I know these devices have lots of chips about the size private companies can fit 4tb on easily.... the virus instantly spread to ram/keyboard/mouse/monitor on second computer.... I had pulled out ram and hard drives repeatedly trying to clear.... the boot went straight to windows disc and it still spread.... I was sharded onto someones computer with tons of unnecessary services running on fresh install.... I had repeatedly reinstalled windows then got Kaspersky.... either they let go or multiple reinstalls fixed something.... I had tried coming here it says I was logged in it showed me on top - the web page was prolly on someones comp.... this may not space properly Kaspersky first run fixed alot like Norton very first run fixed everything complete....im preserving the hard drive w/my files on it that's not getting plugged in....Kaspersky working right first time allowed me to come back here and post.... trying Norton again how are we not cleaning ram/devices with autoprotect

Kudos0

my windows files checked with the cloud does this mean the cloud is infected too? or are my virus invisible to a file compare?
Kudos0

how do I tag all my posts with require urgent help??? am lose almost 5 days of study
Kudos0

You have been given help and have not replied to anyone who has offered that help.

I am not going to try any more.  Why not just restore your machine to factory condition and be done with it?

Good luck!

Kudos0

to be truthful krusty....and ty for replying.... not sure what the diff is between malware and virus.... Nortonfixed comp fine very first time but I turned Norton off and keys slowly started disappearing 2hrs later.... ill explain.... I have no laptop screen and when I insert discs I have to spend 4 days figuring out keypresses-about 20x so far the discs and flash drives all sound like they are being written to.... sometimes discs are not operating correctly.... as I said, it infected ram but possibly keyboard mouse and monitor as well.... the min I plugged in hd to second comp it was infected.... I brought it to windows disc immediately.... the format on 2nd comp isn't even compatible with hd from 1st comp.... I installed windows scrn - formatted multiple times and removed hd trying to clear ram turning comp on and off no hd then I installed but I was still virus

Kudos0

well just woke up Norton wont update past a certain point (for me) - possibly gonna have to restart....trying to figure out what else I can do.... I want to learn windows api and whats going on codewise but this os is now HUGE.... windows help should teach you how to write an os better than windows.... I am learning about math and robotics I don't use gov. curriculum yet.... im just not at the point where I want to rip apart windows files. im hacked on top of it.... I am also 100 % sure you have to get a real decompiler, which seems not realistic in todays world....so that has to be built on a nonhacked pc and prolly don't want something like expressgate on ur comp if ur that far........................ im not far enough to write a decompiler im sure I could start but comp is hacked.... how am I supposed to determine the route and processes windows is taking-on a hacked comp w/no decompiler to even look at code..... im realizing how horrible and how many openings this os has and that antivirus progs are 19.8 years from where they would realistically be apparently.....
Kudos0

Not all malware are viruses but all viruses are malware.

For the last time:

Firstly, please do NOT try any 'quick fixes' or to solve this yourself.

It sounds like it's time to sign up for assistance from one of the free malware removal sites.  Please pick one and stay with them until your system is clean.

https://community.norton.com/forums/malware-removal-forum-recommendations

Kudos0

well so far this experience has validated what I had already known, that viruses can infect comp parts and accessories w/o windows even starting.... imagine what private companies w/ satellites can do.... I am hoping to enlighten anyone as im journal .... perhaps they can avoid a virus attack/ hacker attack/ know the situation without endangering themselves/their data/ their hardware.... even may be the cause of a lawsuit or such once they have these infos
Kudos0

hey forgot to add I cant test win 7 format function without endangering other hd.... win xp or win 7 format function may be better def have to note this.... there was something else....

this just in, nortons deep cloud clean found 5 tracking cookies
Kudos0

toolisuber

Why are you refusing to accept the help that has been suggested here more than once.

I will say the same thing that Krusty13 has said many times now. Go to one of the free malware removal sites and have your system scanned by malware removal experts.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Are you certain this is malware?  Most malware today is used in schemes to generate income for the bad guys and is designed to operate stealthily on a PC.  Malware these days does not normally try to demolish a computer.  What you describe could be an issue with your hardware or OS.

Kudos0

internet explorer 3mbs/s disk usage starting, comp crashed had to restart.... Norton boot wont download but Norton says its safe lol

Kudos2 Stats

Hello toolisuber,

Thank you for joining us in the Norton community. We, the forum users here, appreciate your efforts of trying to explain the behaviors of this virus/malware/driver issue to us. I believe your intention is to provide as much of information as possible so that Norton can go on into analyzing this issue and release a fix into it.

However, to better assist Norton and you in resolving this problem, I would still personally suggest you to go to one of the malware/virus removal forum elsewhere to diagnose this problem. Once your problem is successfully diagnosed, do come back here again, start a new thread or commenting on this thread to give us a more thorough understanding of your problem.

The information you provided has been great but to diagnose we will need more info, and perhaps only those experts will be able to guide you through?

Sincerely,
Tan Chee Ping.

cheers!
Kudos0

these are files I was working on part1.... they are prolly very infected 100%.... they hacked other sig right on tinypic the other day....

Kudos0

Please DO NOT attach potentially malicious files to forum posts.

They have been flagged for removal.

Kudos0

these are drivers if ur pro, don't think its a driver prob but hp 2d29dx went down when I started coding

didn't check others but there is a 360byte diff between hd and dl

Kudos0

toolisuber:

these are drivers if ur pro, don't think its a driver prob but hp 2d29dx went down when I started coding

didn't check others but there is a 360byte diff between hd and dl

.ZIP file flagged for removal.

Kudos0

listen they scan clean those r fine lol no tracking cookies there p99-36-files has dsetup which may scan bad I will remove
Kudos0

part2 these very infectous probably most

Kudos0

.... they are prolly very infected 100%

part2 these very infectous probably most

???

Kudos0

listen they scan clean

google is potentially malicious lol

p99 dsetup shows up as a location virus, removed still wouldn't use those files unless ur prepared to fix

this is what they did to sig1 http://i59.tinypic.com/2qvwa38.jpg

Kudos0

lol, serverside maps files are missing, those enable char to move

<url> http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=108919 </url>

mapsone think these are good

Kudos0

mapstwo, these should be good too,

Kudos0

well in summary, these are the files im working with - what better place to check them but in a reputable antivirus's website....

this happens to be the best game in existence up to oow era/ seeds of destruction era

you would in theory want to use underfoot or titanium client to play

in theory you would compile using cmake and visual studio 2013 for desktop

in theory you would use MySQL 6.3.3? for server database

you would prolly want to login private files/compile because ppl running servers sometimes are hazardous - gotta do ur own stuff

in theory you would compile mq2 for uf or titanium to automate/script

imo eqemu started going downhill bad/irrevocably

they saw me coming and patched ticsremaining, gravity, and ruined bard songs/reg spells- I fixed except grav

my next step was removing graphics accts 13->64 so u can run an army beat the game fast

considering u get it offline - the biggest prob to face is wineq (windowed eq prog )wants you to be online when you start it

zonegravity is not supposed to exist it is ruinsome/ post 2012

there is no keyboard for me to type my compile instructions <3 brt

I got distracted w/ movement and advanced robotics movement then hacked reverse engineering

math

im using this stuff to learn code in a familiar atmosphere

ive played for 16 yrs....

hoping this stuff can diagnose problems thx guys ill be out of ur hair soon

maybey a pro can tell me wats going on

Kudos0

its still hacked on tinypic

Kudos0

srry im using on screen keyboard <3

Kudos0

instructions for testing -

and you make ur .bat file in eqserver directory so then shortcut and click to start

added another compile guide -mq2auth must be ran before compile

im able to run 18 chars on 2.4ghz dual core laptop 8gb ram

results may vary code can be better / graphics disabled

have fun

Kudos0

these files would go straight to an offline computer that does not have expressgate or wifi - (w/o being opened) -

just like any .exe/.zip, you do not want to suscept yourself to its creator

command prompt navigate to desktop/eqserver

world flag charsacctname 251

makes char a gm, flag back to 0->20 or something for normal play

Kudos1 Stats

Personally I think when a person just rambles on, like they're on drugs or ? they should just be banned, since there's absolutely no attempt to listen to help on here. It's obvious he's just talking extreme and not making sense of anything. To me it looks like he has hardware issues galore.

DELL XPS 8900 / I7-6700 / 64bit / 16GB RAM Win7 Pro - Norton Security
Kudos0

you may or may not have to remove the 5 areas where i have acct check for offline

----it would be autobooting you or preventing you from entering server----offline may use diff variable

client.cpp world ----possibly 3 areas in one or two files ----this one maybey

client.cpp zone

client_process.cpp zone

loginserver.cpp world

zoneserver.cpp world

one of them is a little tricky w/ the { squigglies and stuff

im not sure how offline eq accts are numbered, if they use same sql field variable

these client  acct <0 or >39 checks will prevent you from testing offline possibly

they block accts past 39 on online version

Kudos0

Thanks

Kudos0

lol ill update when prob is fixed and again when prob is curable code-wise

so this doesnt happen to anyone again, im not trusting any malware sites

*you may need a blank npc_ai.cpp in ur zone folder....i deleted it cause it was empty dont remember

if ur using online version (not recommended to  anyone  ever) change server name/short name in eqemu_config.xml DEFINATELY

like any game its dangerous to have ur ip around ppl

all it takes is for someone to be criminally involved and its notpretty

-----------------------------------------------------------------
|
|watch out I left my eqemu server on for a week and monk was at 2gigsram
|usage with wood elf illusion clicky on?
|
|please be careful shady people may lurk the emulators... not certain on the
|decency of any random pieces of server code or anything like that...
|there is instructions on building ur own server but you would prolly want
|to fix the glitches and that takes like c++ not sure on current status of the
|source code, but last had checked allbuffs in makebuffspacket had to be
| rewritten and spell_effects buffprocess rerouted through multiple c++files
|
|building your own server is probably a better alternative than using prepackaged servers or stuff like that

|------------------------------------------------------------------

im keeping it tight between norton eqemu and mq2

hacked not sure eqemu or mq2... tinypic attacked too its shame, i was public both areas

maybey thats how i got this far nice tho huh

if there was a coder willing to point to system files or effort on nortons side?

maybey im trying to help norton or pointing out flaws...

pretty sure i pointed out tons of flaws

i even posted my files to perhaps further diagnose the issue like tancheeping suggested

plz read be4 post thanks guys take care!

!for now!

Kudos0

you build a plugin using mkplugin

navigateto mq folder

mkplugin pluginname

copy plugin to newly created folder

add it to solution, (right click - add existing project not sure)

add before build solution or after but if something goes wrong you have to delete dir and start from scratch

im sorry im forgot this thx

Kudos0

ya ok plz read do not risk putting on a comp that would go online ever

for testing diagnosing

rules

https:// onedrive .live.com/redir?resid=e27b8d728e6df2d0!107&authkey=!AF9NjMO_wjQUHVU&ithint=file%2ctxt

files (do not use on online comp thx)

https:// onedrive. live.com/redir?resid=E27B8D728E6DF2D0!112&authkey=!AEWO3pCxdIM6xDo&ithint=file%2czip

Kudos0

Hello

If these files are malicious, then one can not trust onedrive.live.com again.

Readers of this thread, please do not try to access those files in this thread by the previous poster.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

rofl

these files are great its just that

just like any web address/ .exe/ .zip / .rar you are prone to the creator of that file

these are not meant to be studied or used for diagnosis or opened on a comp that will go online

plz make surethe comp does not have an ethernet connection, wireless card, wifi chip (most laptops prolly post 2006), and/or express gate or any other means to go online

these should not come in contact with devices that are shared... keyboard/mouse/monitor/ram/vid card/usb stick/phone

these files should not be shared until you have examined the contents of every byte on your computer hd/memory- in binary

plz be careful how you compile, vs2010 express AND visual studio 2013 work together ... other alternative is csc.exe, windows native compiler inc w/os....csc would have to be studied/modded.... plz tread carefully with your testing/diagnosing project

just trying to be 100 % safe for EVERY BODY

that stands for anyone plz understand what i mean

the ppl at any website can be malicous - ur ip is in the air

this is now the safest alternative to study/diagnose these files maybey a pro can help

youre avoiding websites that are being hacked (tinypic url was only on mq2)

and ive been hacked on eqemu 1x definately and this time all evidence points to emu again

all it takes is the wrong website/patron of a website/patron of anything that ur connected to- to pull ur ip

if that person is criminally involved ur just not safe its simple

thx, read, be safe

Kudos0

both vs's and windows should be activated, dx9.0c, dx11 (not sure if necessary) - whatever else - comp must be completely rdy for diagnosing before you start to even think of putting files there....

listen - you want to be 100% careful and professional about the comp the initial files come from and modem you are using to activate products/download.... thx srry

satellites/physical intrusion are still able to read/write unfortunately but you should be good

plz be smart about ur procedure of doing things-get to paper if you have to

this is how its done

do not insert cds and put them into other computers they are to be broken w/hammer to prevent lacerations or scratched beyond all oblivion or melted

or any other means to go online

Kudos0

its possible for stores to recieve returns of blank cds -plz be careful and think things thru 100 times and thoroughly

im going to hint at something, calculators and for loops-

private companies were using 45nanometer etching 10yrs ago

also going to mention this - string theory is an old subject

if you are delving deep enough plz consider the above

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.