• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

NORTON WILL NOT UPDATE TO NEWER VERSION

I see where a version 22.5.4.24 is available for Norton Security.  I have version 22.5.2.15.  I have use the "Check for new versions" under HELP and I'm told I am using the the most current version.  Why does it not upgrade to the newer version that Norton says is available.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NORTON WILL NOT UPDATE TO NEWER VERSION

"Check for new versions" refers to totally new versions (Version 22 to Version 23, for example), whereas  22.5.4.24 is just an update to an existing version.  You should be able to get the update through LiveUpdate.  You may need to restart your computer.

Kudos0

Hi Pacemaster,

I started a thread 28 October "When will I get 22.5.4" and the only solution I found was complete removal and reinstall of NS.

I have 3 computers running Win10 and none of them updated.

Kudos0

Version 22.5.5.14 is now released. It will be released in a phased manner.

English first then other languages will be added, so you need to run Live Update manually to eventually get the update.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

How many days does it take to upgrade to the latest version in another language?

Kudos0

Hi, SKIBA. No idea. You'd have to ask Symantec that. I'm just another user.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Hello SKIBA

Version 22.5.5.15 has been released now since 22.5.5.14 was pulled. This new version was just released on Wed. in English only in a phased in matter. Sorry, it is not released yet in the other languages.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just saw it is available in all languages now. Please run Live Update until you get the update. You may have to restart your computer and then run Live Update again until you get the Live Update.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.