• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

the online Vault using a different computer

How does this work?  Someone has an online Vault but cannot use their computer; and will want to use someone else's computer on which Norton 360 Standard is installed.  What is to be done?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: the online Vault using a different computer

Users may access their online vault from the Online Vault Portal.
https://identitysafe.norton.com/  --  https://identitysafe.norton.com/faq
or, Norton product. 

Kudos0

Is that the ONLY way to use identity-safe logins vault on a different computer? The user MUST use the identify-safe website?  The product Norton 360 within itself should have a way to sign in the the norton account and then into online Vault.  That is what I am asking how to do, if on a different computer than normal which has Norton 360 installed.  HOW HOW HOW?

Kudos0

or, Norton product.

Kudos0

Won't they have to have a separate Windows user account so they can then use their own vault on that other computer?  Or even signing out of the owner's Norton account and signing in with the guest's Norton account, but I don't know for sure.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Hello

If you have a program like TeamViewer on your computer and use the free version on a different computer, then you can log into your computer and do it that way. That would work unless your computer is dead or compromised....

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

The information was NOT described in the Norton 360's help file.

Reaching the online cloud Vault on a different computer was done this way:

1. Opened Internet Explorer
  2. Clicked on "vault is closed"
  3. Looked at instructions very carefully, and then signed in to the user's Norton Account
  4. waited for some more dialogs and windows to appear and change, and then entered the cloud Vault password to sign in the the cloud Vault
  5. Vault, after a few seconds, was become opened.

To extra-check, Norton 360 was opened and looking at the top of the product window, there was said, signed in as... the email address was shown.

Kudos0

Sorry I am late to the party.

First of all, I will base this response on the fact that the user whose computer is dead in the water did in fact have an Online Vault on that system.  Also that the "someone else" has N360 or another Norton product that is capable of using an Online Vault .  This will not work on Comcast NSS as there is no Norton Account associated with that product.

• Go to someone else's computer
  • Close their Online Vault and log out of their Norton Account - via the Signed in as: on the main page of their product.
  • Select Sign-in from main page of their product.
  • Now log into your Norton Account - use your email address and password.
  • Click on Vault is Closed 
  • Next log into your Online Vault using your Online Vault password. 

In regards to Windows user's accounts, I do not think it would matter which Windows user's account was used (not sure if it would require one with admin privileges), since the Online Vault is tied to a Norton Account and not to a Windows Users Account as the Local Vault is.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.