• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

asOELnch.exe

I am using windows 10 pro and had Norton security on this computer, due to some issues have remove the software, I have found in registry under Local Dump a folder asOELnch.exe which shows dump folder c:\programdata\norton\localdumps, as one of the headings. Dump count,dump flags,dump folder,dumpType .

I would not be concerned except when Internet explorer has crash it is creating a dump file which is going into the folder c:\programdata etc.

Can I delete this folder in registry and also the programdata folder, if so could you advise out to do this.

I am still using Norton on two laptops .

Hopefully someone can assist me or do I have to ring support

Tony

Replies

Kudos0

Re: asOELnch.exe

That file is related to the Anti Spam features in Norton products. If you have removed Norton from your computer it is safe to remove any reference to that file.

If your IE crash is a Blue Screen crash, that is a different kind of dump file. That would be a Windows System dmp file.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hello milleras

Unless you are an expert and know thoroughly what you are doing in the registry, it is not safe to add or delete items from the registry. If you have deleted the Norton product using the program uninstaller and also used the Norton Removal Tool, then you have removed the program. Are you removing the program and planning to reinstall it or are you going to install some other security program? I hope you are going to backup the registry before you are going to make any changes to the registry.

I am stating this as a good rule of thumb and not to negate what you have recommended Peter.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hello peterweb and floplot

Thanks for your answers,

floplot I totally agree with your comment as I have done on many times deleting like peterweb, however in this time each time IE cashes and a dump file is created and put in asOELnch folder I think for piece of mind I will leave as is and just deleted the file when created.

Tony

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.