• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

server not connecting

I have recently moved house, changed broadband provider and changed my email address on my Norton account. I now keep getting CAN`T CONNECT TO SERVER. Just Can`t sign in to identity safe/vault etc.. Still have 102 days subscription left on Norton security premium, version 22.8.1.14, Windows 10, browser google chrome. I have run live update, Norton removal and reinstall tool, also Norton power eraser to no avail. Any ideas??

Labels: Subscription

Replies

Kudos0

Re: server not connecting

Please see if this KB Article Message: "Cannot connect to the Norton server" appears on my Norton product helps.

If the problem persists I'd suggest to contact Norton Customer Support  http://norton.com/chat

Keep us posted. Thanks.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos1 Stats

Hi neil m,

You may also check the following link to make sure everything is fine with the Norton Server:

https://status.norton.com/

Kudos0

Thanks for pointing it out, Yank - I didn't because it is the first suggestion given just below the title of the KB Article mentioned in my previous post: "To check if the issue you are experiencing is related to a known system problem or outage, visit Norton Services Status page." 

Kudos0

thanks for the replies all Norton services are running without problems. I have spent the last 90 mins with Norton taking control of my pc, he couldn`t sort it and says i need to contact microsoft about the windows settings its something to do with the open application list, something he cant do. I have had no problems until i moved house and only been able to connect to the internet on chistmas eve.

Kudos0

I have a last suggestion if not already tried by the Norton Support:  use Norton ConnectSafe. Unfortunately the page does not contain the instructions for Windows 10, but Norton Support should be able to help.

It helped me sometime ago when at the end of a reinstallation of Norton it would not complete as it kept trying unsuccessfully to connect to the Norton server. I contacted Norton Support and they suggested the above change which I did and could finally go on and complete the installation.

Maybe worth giving it a try?

Kudos0

Thanks Rainbow, still no good. I would scrap NIS after about 15 years with only a few problems but need to get details from the identity safe. Neil

Kudos0

Please try clearing your browser cache and cookies.  Then flush your DNS cache.

Kudos0

Cleared cache and cookies then flushed DNS, still can't sign in, appreciate the effort but still no luck...
Kudos0

Hello Neil

I don't want to appear nosy, but did you move from one country to another? The Norton products do not always work when you move from one country to another. I know I am not explaining this correctly, but I do wonder if the Regionalization Laws are coming into play here?  If you moved from one state to another in the USA, then it wouldn't come into play. However, if you purchased your Norton product in one country and now trying to connect in a different country, then that may be the reason.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi Flop lot, I'm in the UK and only moved 30 miles. I was unable to get on the Internet for over 3 weeks until the service provider connected us.
Kudos0

Hi Neil,

How about trying with a different browser other than  Chrome?

Kudos0

Hi Rainbow, I tried Microsoft edge and just tried Firefox still not connecting.
Kudos0

Neil, I'm not very informed about Windows 10 but I seem to remember having read somewhere in these Forums that Microsoft edge is (was) not yet fully working properly while I'm surprised about Firefox.  Did you try with IE11?

Kudos0

Rainbow I just tried IE11, still the same.
Kudos0

Maybe the Norton Customer Support was correct in suggesting to contact Microsoft…..

Sorry I can't be of any help - maybe others will have helpful suggestions. 

Kudos0

Thanks for your time. I'm just trying a system restore, like you say I'm going to have to contact Microsoft. Neil
Kudos0

You're welcome. Please keep us posted as it adds to our knowledge to know what fixed your issue thus enabling us to help other users experiencing the same problem. Thanks.

Kudos0

Microsoft just tried and said i need to go back to norton because its their server thats not connecting. Back to square one

Kudos0

neil m:

Back to square one

Yeah.....I have just done a quick Google search and have found these results which I hope can be of some help:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3046182/windows/how-to-uncover-windows-10s-hidden-applications-view-in-file-explorer.html

http://www.howtogeek.com/223144/how-to-set-your-default-apps-in-windows-10/

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17161/windows-10-find-all-your-apps-and-programs

Keep us posted.

EDIT - @neil m Please note I replaced the first link with another one.

Kudos0

Thanks again Rainbow I'll have a look, Norton are on my pc again... ding ding round 2
Kudos0

Please see my EDIT above. Thanks.

Kudos0

Hello neil

Have you tried turning off Fast Startup?

Here is a link for turning off Fast Startup in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html 

Hope it helps. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

@neil m:

Uninstalling KB 3201845 may help U out. To do so, plz head to the below path@ Installed Updates when you open Control Panel.

Then, plz follow floplot's comment to disable the said Fast Startup as an additional troubleshooting option.

Thx and luck! :)

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Kudos0

Thanks for the help I had 3 different people from Norton on my pc for hours yesterday I was then waiting for 4 hrs for a call back which didn't happen so I have deleted norton and won't buy it again.after being a customer for around 15 years and spending £100s I just don't think they give a sh** !!
Kudos1 Stats

Sorry to hear that, Neil. I'm bringing your case to Norton's attention, so please watch out for a message here or a Private Message from a Norton Staffer. Thanks.

Kudos0

It could be an issue with some software that comes with your system/motherboard. Disabling the onboard sound drivers temporarily can get your access to the Norton Servers.

See here and follow the links given by @bjm_   for more information. Look for the post by Norton employees...red Employee tag by their name.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hello @neil m,

I'm sorry for the frustration and at a loss to explain what's happened to Norton after your move, but I would very much like to find out. I've left you a Private Mali, accessible through the forum Inbox.

Thanks,
Matt

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.