• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Changing Passwords saved in the Vault

When I change a password, the vault doesn't save it or ask if I want to save it.  It also doesn't ask if I want to save information for sites with passwords not in the vault.  Previous versions of Identity Safe did this for me.  There's nothing in the settings that I can see to solve this.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Changing Passwords saved in the Vault

Hi John Wheeler 2,

Which Norton Product are you using, which browser is your default browser and are you editing your password within ID Safe?  Are you ID Safe Settings on the Browsing Tab set up to safe passwords?

Kudos0

Norton Product: I'm using Identify Safe in Norton Internet Security.

Browser: Google Chrome

ID Safe Settings on the Browsing Tab: I don't know what this is and can't figure it out.

Kudos0

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Be sure you are clicking on Save after you make the changes to a login.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi John Wheeler 2,

Left click on the three dots on the Norton Toolbar  and select Open Identity Safe Settings.  The go to the Browsing Tab and check your settings:

Now in regards to you changing a password:

Left click Vault is open on the Norton Toolbar and then select Open Identity Safe from the drop down.  Left click on the entry you desire to change the password for.   Select Edit at the top of the new page, then do the editing and then select Save.

I would post images, but I am having troubles with my system and images at the moment.

Kudos0

Here are the images showing what I was trying to explain in my last post.

Kudos0

yank, Thanks for your comments.  My settings are already set as you suggested.  And I know how to change the password manually as you explained, but when I changed it at the web site, Identify Safe would prompt me with a question if I wanted to save the changed password in the Vault.  It doesn't do that now.  Maybe a better example is if I visit a site and create a username and password for the first time.  Identify Safe used to ask me if I wanted to save this, but no longer.  In fact, it's very difficult to create an entirely new login in the vault.

Kudos0

John,

In my image showing the Browsing setting, have you used the drop down arrow and seen if No is chosen?

Just grabbing at straws.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.