• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Unable to log in password vault using Firefox

Is everyone facing the same issues as I am, that recently (last week or so not 100% sure) I am unable to log in to my Norton password vault using Firefox?

I have tried on a couple of PCs:

On one PC it throws up an error message box from Norton saying "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again" Doesn't even get to the login page.

On the other PC it goes to the vault login page but on entering my password and attempting to log in, it just sits at "validating password" forever.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Unable to log in password vault using Firefox

Can't work out how to edit my post.

I meant to add that I can log in to the vault no problem using Internet Explorer on both PCs.

Kudos0

Yes!  This is a problem.  I verify that it (Identity Safe) fails with Firefox.  I am using Firefox 51.0.1 (64 bit).  I have not tried Chrome.  But I will after completing this posting.

Kudos0

Identity Safe seems to function correctly using Chrome ( Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) ).

Kudos0

Sorry.  My previous two comments apply to using Identity Safe which is a component of Norton Security v22.9.0.71.

Kudos0

for me the cloud vault works fine on Firefox now but it still isn't working on Chrome or IE.

Kudos0

No works fine on IE. Doesn't work on Firefox.

Kudos0

I just tested Identity Safe with Win 7 (64 bit) and Firefox 51.0.1(64bit).  It works!  So it looks like it's related to Firefox 51.0.1 (64 bit) on Win 10.  I'm using WIN 10 (64 bit), v 1607 patched through 2/23/2017.

Hope this helps.

Kudos0

Hello

I reported the Firefox issue this weekend. Norton now knows about it  and it is being worked on. Norton just found out about it on Monday since Employees aren't around on the weekends too often. Admins saw my notice this morning---Monday.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I agree Firefox 51.0.1 although not only windows 10.  I'm using Windows 7.  One other caveat.  Windows did an upgrade last evening on my system.  Hmmmmm! 

Kudos0

Hello

Did you restart your computer after the Windows Update? There is currently an issue with FF and ID Safe which just started a couple of days ago. Norton found out about it on Monday.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.