• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

NortonTool Bar - how to turn on - I have windows10, but closed out the Edge

I reinstalled Norton, and now it tells me I do not have the Tool Bar.

I am running windows 1o, but deleted the "edge" and am running Google,  Can I install the Norton Tool Bar?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NortonTool Bar - how to turn on - I have windows10, but closed out the Edge

Hi, Geoff. Have you restarted ?

You can go to the 3 parallel lines in Chrome top right, and go to extensions and check that the toolbar is enabled.

If not enable it, and then close and restart Chrome.

If that doesn't work, try a fresh Chrome reinstall.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Well thanks for the suggestion:- I opened Chrome, checked extensions and determined that the toolbar is in fact enabled.  However, when I go to my "Identity protection screen", it advises that Safe web - is on; Identity Safe - is on; Antiphishing - is on; but Norton toolbar (Microsoft edge) has a red "configure' notation. Can I rest comforted by the fact that the toolbar is functioning under the chrome setting? and all is good?

Dumb question but how can I check it?

Yours in confusion - Geoff

Kudos1 Stats

Hi, Geoff. It sometimes does that for me in Firefox.

If I close Norton and then reopen it, it's all green again !

Also, bear in mind that Win 10 meeds to be restarted for Norton and other programs to correctly update.

Also if not already, try disabling Fast Start Up as this is known to sometimes cause issues.

Finally, you are still protected by Norton's other features, so don't worry about the toolbar.

Some people disable it, anyway.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Hi F4E,

This is getting beyond my meagre knowledge of the systems. I don't know how to "close" or "turn off" Norton or Windows files and then restart them - I'm really good at restarting my machine, but that's about where my skills end.

As you said, I have the other protections, so I will leave it to its own devices, and sleep comfortable knowing that I am protected (and that there is always F4E to help me next time!!!!

Thank you for trying my friend.

Geoff

Kudos1 Stats

However, when I go to my "Identity protection screen", it advises that Safe web - is on; Identity Safe - is on; Antiphishing - is on; but Norton toolbar (Microsoft edge) has a red "configure' notation.

This reference seems to be indicating that your Edge browser is not protected by Norton. If you are not using Edge, you do not have to worry about this notification.

Have you set Chrome as your default browser in Windows 10 Settings?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

And thanks Peterweb, I am not using Edge, and I have chrome as my default, so all is good.

Thanks everyone.

Hopefully I will not have to come back for a long time, unless it's to help others, who, given my skills sets will be really "needy" if there's something I can help with!!!

Cheers....

Kudos1 Stats

There is no Norton Toolbar for Edge. If you click on the red Configure it will tell you about the Norton Identity Safe extension for Edge.

I have the new Edge ID Safe extension active on my system and it does not change that red Configure warning. Norton needs an update to clear that false warning.

Jim

Kudos0

Hello PhoneMan

Thank you. I will let Norton know about this needing to be fixed.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Thank you everyone - over and out..

Kudos0

Norton Identity Safe

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again.  I got the extension for the Norton Toolbar for the Edge browser. No matter what I do I can not get the vault to open. I go to my identity settings in Norton and there is nothing there for the Edge browser. The vault with Edge just doesn't work for me.

Kudos0

The Edge browser ID Safe extension is totally independent from the ID Safe in your Norton Security product.

Have you checked the settings in the Edge extension? 

Are you able to log into your Norton Account, and then being blocked from the online vault? The Edge extension only works with a cloud vault, so if you are lucky enough to still be using a local vault for IE and Chrome, you will have to create a new online vault to use with Edge.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I have a Local Vault I use with IE.

I used a new e-mail address to create a new Norton account and setup a Cloud Vault to use with Edge and Firefox.

I can also use the Cloud vault with IE and it does not affect my Local vault.

I exported my logins from the Local vault and imported into the new Cloud vault.

Jim 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.