• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Can't login to Norton Identity Safe online Vault

When I try to login to the Identity Safe online vault, I get the below error message.  I opened a case with the desktop support group yesterday, but they said "...we are having issues with the Online servers at this time."  Most of my logins disappeared from Identity Safe on both my laptop and my mobile phone.  I restored them on my laptop using a backup DAT file.  However, I still can't login to the online Vault. Furthermore, all of my logins, except four, are missing from Identity Safe on my phone too.  Is anyone else having a problem logging into the online vault?

https://identitysafe.norton.com/vaultLogin

No vault for this account

We were unable to find a vault for this Norton Account.

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Can't login to Norton Identity Safe online Vault

I have been having this problem for over 2 weeks.  I have opened 3 separate support cases.  The first 2 cases they appeared to "fix" the problem but it was back the first time I sgut down and rebooted.  The third time (4-7-2017) I was told to that many subscribers are experiencing this proble and they are working hard to resolve it.  I was asked to give them 24-48 hours and try again and if it still fails to open "another" case.  It is still failing but I have zero confidence that I will get the straight story if I open another support case.  

Kudos0

Me too. Made mistake of actually turning off my laptop and since then vault is closed and if I try to sign in I get message "We're working to resolve an issue that prevents us from completing your request. Try again later.  (-6)".

How much later? Tried turning off and on again with no change and cant find anything useful on the Norton website.

Kudos0

I tried again this afternoon and IT WORKED !!  I got my subscription "Activated" and I was able to access Identity Safe, settings and configure.  It asked for my login for activation and did not time out.  Same for Identity Safe.  I am really hopeful that this is not a "temporary fix" after it being unusable for over 3 weeks in my case.

Kudos0

Gentlemen, this was a known issue which was resolved in another thread not long ago.  https://community.norton.com/en/comment/7412681#comment-7412681

Updating your product until there are no other updates available then rebooting will push the patches to your devices.  22.9.1.12 is the current version which should show in your Norton dashboard.

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.295 / N360 Deluxe 22.18.0.213 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

I'm using version 22.9.1.12, but the problem persists on my mobile phone and I can't login to the online version of Vault at https://identitysafe.norton.com (However, I can login to the initial Norton online account verification, but not the Vault to see my logins online.).  The issue is resolved (locally only) on my laptop.  I'm going to open a fourth or fifth case with Norton.  I can't imagine how much time I've sunk into this problem.  This is extremely frustrating and time consuming.

Kudos0

Just spent another hour and ten minutes with tech support.  No solution.  Anyone know of a way to get transferred to a higher tier engineer?  I've spent seven hours or so now with tier-1 engineers and they aren't helping.  

Kudos0

Adrian Cove

You seem to be having two issues initially. The laptop access to the vault, and the mobile access from our phone.

For the laptop.  

Can you log into https://identitysafe.norton.com  from your IE or Chrome browser ? If so, open your Norton Security app and click on your email at the top right. Click on Sign Out. Now go back to your browser and try to sign into your vault from the Norton Toolbar.  Are you first asked to sign into your Norton Account before entering the vault password? 

For the phone

What phone and OS version are you using?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi Peterweb,

Thanks for responding.  No, I can't login to https://identitysafe.norton.com/ from either browser.  I get the error "Incorrect Password".  However, I have no problems using Identity Safe Vault locally on my laptop. 

Thanks, Adrian

Kudos0

Can you try the rest of my suggestion? On the laptop, signing out from your Norton Account from the Norton Security main screen. Then trying to log into the vault from the Norton Toolbar in IE or Chrome. Are you first asked for your Norton Account email and password?

Kudos0

Hi peterweb,

I've done as you asked.  I signed out of my Norton Account on my laptop via the Norton desktop application.  I then tried logging into Vault using both IE and Chrome via the Norton Toolbar in those browsers.  In both cases, I was first asked for my Norton email and password and I successfully logged in.  Also in both cases, I could not then login to the online Vault.  The error says "incorrect password".

Kudos0

Hi peterweb,

Sorry, I think I was doing something wrong the last time I tried.  I tried your steps again. (Although the problem still isn't resolved.)  I signed out of my Norton Account on my laptop via the Norton desktop application.  I then tried logging into Vault using both IE and Chrome via the Norton Toolbar in those browsers.  In both cases, I was first asked for my Norton email and password and I successfully logged in.  Also in both cases, the desktop version of Vault came up (which has been working fine for a week and a half now) and I could login to the desktop application version of Vault.  So for some reason, the Vault button in the web browser toolbars is bringing up the local, desktop application version of Vault.  I tried logging into the online version of Vault via https://identitysafe.norton.com/ again, but I still get the error "incorrect password".  Again, the problem is I need to be able to login to the online version of Vault accessed via https://identitysafe.norton.com/.  Otherwise, my logins don't seem to be synced between my mobile phone and my laptop.  Right now, I have 4 logins in Vault on my phone and 102 logins in Vault on my laptop.  Until about three weeks ago, they were synced and both had the same 102 logins.

Kudos1 Stats

I have also been unable to access my vault on a regular basis the last few weeks and repeatedly received the notice that there wasn't an Identity Safe or Vault account associated with my subscription.  Very frustrating when I've come to rely on the vault to remember all my logins and passwords.  I have always accessed my vault using a saved bookmark set up on my Google Chrome browser.  After hours of reading everyone's comments and checking all my settings, I still wasn't able to access my vault. Today, I just happened to use the vault tab on my Norton toolbar instead of my usual bookmark and was finally able to login into my vault with no problem!  Don't know if Norton corrected the issue since last night or if accessing my vault through the Norton toolbar instead of a browser bookmark is what did the trick.  Certainly easy enough for others to try.  Hope this helps someone else!

Kudos0

Nope, I've been watching this thread for the last few days due to having the exact same fault. Got fobbed off by a level 2 tech being told that it was sorted but I'll have to wait for a few hours for it to work. I'm having to recreate the vault daily on an alternative email account using a local backup for everyone to use since it seems to drop off after rebooting a computer (3 users). I have logged online and seen all my bookmarks on the website and the bar works too but next day it fails. Bit disappointed with it all to be honest.

Kudos0

Adrian Cove

the Vault button in the web browser toolbars is bringing up the local, desktop application version of Vault.

As long as you have to enter your Norton Account email and password before entering the vault password, you are not using any local vault. It is just being displayed in different areas. ie in your browser from the toolbar, or the ID Safe from within your Norton Security product. Either way, it is still the online vault. This is what I was trying to confirm. There are still many users here that do in fact still have a local vault that is not in the cloud.

The question is why can you access it from one way and not another.

When logging into   https://identitysafe.norton.com are you still first entering the Norton Account email and password, and then the vault password?

Kudos0

Peterweb,

Yes.  When I go to https://identitysafe.norton.com, I have no problem with the initial login of my Norton account. It works great.  The problem is when I try to login to Vault.  It says, "Incorrect Password".

Kudos0

Peterweb,

I don't understand why you think there's a connection between the online Vault and the Vault toolbars in Chrome and IE.  If I disconnect my computer from any network, the toolbar still brings up my local Identity Safe application and I can see my 100+ logins.  You should test this yourself.  Conversely, see my upload screenshot attachment, the attachment shows I'm logged into https://identitysafe.norton.com, but yet the toolbar on my web browser says the Vault is closed. 

I've given up getting the online Vault synced with my local Vault.  I blew away, and recreated, my online Vault.  Right now, I'm having the opposite problem from before.  I can login to the online Vault, but I can't login to the local application Vault. 

This is a complete debacle.  Very frustrating.  Something is clearly very wrong with Norton's online Vault servers.  Seems like it may be a state-dependent issue with the load balancing.  Sometimes people seem to be able to use online Vault, other times it doesn't work...my guess is there are multiple online Vault servers and those servers aren't synced.

Kudos0

If you are logged into https://identitysafe.norton.com, you are not logged into your ID Safe app on your computer. Either from the Toolbar or the Norton application. That is why your Toolbar shows Vault is Closed.

I'm sorry if I am having trouble explaining the information to you. Unfortunately, Norton now has 3 or 4 ways to access your vault, and they also have local and online vaults. The differences between a local and cloud vault can be difficult to determine when we cannot see your computer. And it can be more confusing when you are still able to have both a local and a cloud vault set up on your computer. In this case, there is absolutely no connection between the two vaults.

The online vault can be accessed by Firefox, Edge, Chrome, IE, the Norton ID Safe sections of your Norton Security app, and also by logging into the Identity Safe web site.

If I disconnect my computer from any network, the toolbar still brings up my local Identity Safe application and I can see my 100+ logins

If you are referring to logging into the vault, then disconnecting your internet connection, then yes you will still see logins listed. But obviously, as you have no internet connection, they will not be of any use. This is not a local vault. I did just try this to confirm what you are seeing.  

Now close the vault with the internet connection still disabled, then go to your main Norton Security screen and sign out of your Norton Account. What happens if you try to log back into the vault? Do you see the link to Open Cloud Vault as shown in the image below?

Kudos0

Since about two weeks if I try to loggin into https://identitysafe.norton.com from any web browser I have always the same sequence announcements as below. I used Norton Premium ver. 22.9.1.12 without any problem with Vault on computers, but online is not working anymore.

1st step Vault is asking for password 

2nd step Vault is claiming that I haven't account and propose to install Norton Identity Safe Client... Why? If I have workable Norton Premium which including Identity Safe?

In addition if I click in the 1st step Show Hint, I am also immediately transferred to the 2nd step No Vault Account.

From my point of view, Identity Safe Online has been broken.

Kudos0

Is anybody else experiencing this issue using Firefox? I know they have issues but mine was working fine mid morning yesterday 7th May when suddenly my vault logins reduced from 90 to 2. I shut down my browser and reopened and Ive never been able to log in since. The thing works fine with IE 11 after help from the help desk and importing my backup but Firefox still says it doesnt exist. After seeing all these similar problems why didnt the "engineer" tell me it was a well know issue after spending well over an hour on chat trying to sort it. Ive had Firfox for about 3 months and its been fine with Identity safe until now.

Kudos1 Stats

Having same issue as above and started at the same time. My Identity Safe works on Firefox and IE but not online with the Firefox extension. My vault on my mobile devices connects with no problem and when I make changes on my PC or Mobile device they are syncing which must be occurring via the Norton Vault Cloud. Why then can I not access with any web browser or other PC my online vault by accessing https://identitysafe.norton.com/vaultLogin. When I attempt to access online I get the same message that there is "No vault for this account" which can not be accurate as I have had one for many years and can access as prior stated. When is Norton going to fix this problem and extension issue. I attempted to resolve with online chat which took over 1 hour and accomplished nothing.

Kudos0

Has everyone ran Live Update at any time over the past 48 hours? Version 22.9.3.13 has been released. There will be a reboot then run live update once more. There may be 2-3 small updates then you are current. Try getting this release and see if your issues are corrected. Thanks everyone.

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.295 / N360 Deluxe 22.18.0.213 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos1 Stats

Hello

After you have your new version, please restart a couple of times so that the update gets settled in. It could also be a temporary server issue.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos1 Stats

I have mine sorted now. Went on support and chatted with a guy and explained how Id done this a week ago and still couldnt access it. In the meantime I had deleted and reinstalled both Norton and Firefox but still no go. He stepped my query up a level and I was chatting to another engineer. He reviewed my problem and said that indeed I did not have an online vault and what I could see was local. He created one for me, Identity safe has an auto backup so he imported all my local log ins  and bingo all ok since. Dont understand how my online account disappeared tho. Hope this helps others 

Thanks Tony

Kudos0

Considering last post I backed up my data then deleted my Norton Identity Safe by typing the password incorrectly 3 times and then recreating an online Vault. In addition I ran Live Update a few times and restarted my system also prior to recreating the Vault. However, when I attempt to access online it still shows that I have no online Vault even after going through all the steps to create one. Although my mobile device Identity Safe app is able to upload the Vault after creating it so it must be there online. Not sure what to do now but see if I can have my issue escalated to a Norton engineer to see if they may be able to create the online Vault since I believe this is Norton server issue.

Kudos0

Jazzcasa Are you using a "BETA" release of your FF browser?

Kudos0

Not using BETA of FF and have also attempted online access using IE and receive same message. I disabled the FF Norton Vault extension since it is not finding an online vault for my account. I can use the vault from my PC and access it on 2 mobile phones through the app which leads me to believe it is online otherwise I would not be able to access it on those devices. Not even sure if deleting the vault then uninstalling and reinstalling NIS and then creating a new vault would make any difference.

Kudos0

Jazzcasa Suggestively try the R&R approach and lets see if we get a positive result for you. Run live updates until no further updates are available then reboot. Check live updates once again for a few smaller updates. Then reinstall your FF extension, reboot accordingly to apply the changes. Re-establish a new vault if possible, lets see what we get. Thanks for assisting me to assist you.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

Kudos2 Stats

Patience, patience, patience.....  This morning, on my Windows 10 Pro computer, I spent a few hours managing log in information using Identity Safe.  You know, improving/changing passwords on my many accounts.  Had no problem getting Identity Safe to record my new login information.  Kudos to Norton for that.

However, I also use an Android smart phone and expected to see Identity Safe to eventually synchronize and display my new login information on my phone.  BUT, I live in a very rural area, cell phone signals are spotty and poor, and have Internet Satellite service that can be slow at times.  Drove to town (43 miles to the nearest town, with spotty cell phone coverage), came back home about 6 hours later.

Like a good little computer user, I had turned off my PC prior to leaving home, moments after making the last login information change.  My PC was still off when I got home.  To my surprise (well not really, I am used to rural life now) my Android Smart Phone Identity Safe had NOT SYNCHRONIZED.  

I turned on my computer, connected to the internet.  Turned on my phones WiFi so it could connect to the internet via my satellite service, and waited about 30 minutes.  Identity Safe still was not synchronized, so I signed out of my Norton Account on both my PC and my Phone, then signed back in.  Then, I signed into my Identity Safe on my PC and my Phone and waited a few more minutes.

Presto, Identity Safe Synchronization SUCCESSFUL!

I assume that my slow/poor internet access, my turning off my PC immediately after making my last login information change, all contributed to a failure of the synchronization process.  Verifying network access, patiently waiting for my network to pass data, and logging off/on I believe was the secret to my eventual success.  I suspect Norton folks have had success with the synchronization process, but sometimes users expecting instant results due to their very fast (city) internet may forget to take their hands off the keyboard/mouse, wait, step through an orderly off/on process, then wait a little longer for success.

Happy computing!

Thank you Norton!  Been using your products since before Bill Gates released Windows (ask Peter about that fiasco).  Appreciate all your hard work!

Kudos0

Glad you have a solution Larry, happy computing.

Soul

Kudos1 Stats

Hello Larry

Thanks for that wonderful Feedback. We don't often get success stories in here. Glad you found your success. Yes, computing has got very fast and the users don't want to wait for a few minutes for a computer to catch up with things.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Folks, Please refer to @peterweb and @floplot for further assistance. Have a great day.

Kudos0

Agree with patience as I figured this must be a server issue with Norton and also an extension issue with FF, since I could access the online vault through my mobile devices. As of today, without doing anything further but waiting and periodically checking access to the online vault on my PC, I now can access the online vault and use the FF extension after reinstalling the add-on. I did not remove and reinstall NIS as suggested, since I did not believe this was the problem and for me it was not needed. Although I did delete and recreate my online / cloud vault a few times which never helped, so I waited as stated above. Others maybe having a different issue which may require having Norton delete and recreate their online / cloud vault, since that appears to have solved a similar problem.

Kudos0

I've had the same problem for months & the same lack of a fix through "chat."

Kudos0

I solved all my Norton issues in one go. I stopped using this useless so called Anti-Virus altogether and down loaded a decent one. Which I may add found 5 problems that Norton missed straight away. I won't name it as all the die hard Nortoners will disagree. So goodbye Norton, hello piece of mind.

Kudos1 Stats

Hi David Elliott,

I hope you ran the Norton Removal Tool prior to installing your new product. 

Also curious if the "5 problems" missed by Norton were PUPS?

Kudos0

Yes, I ran Norton Remover before installing the new product. 3 of the problems were viruses of some sort. I was wondering why my computer was playing up a lot. I works great now. One of them had something to do with Norton Identity Safe. I was the only person who couldn't see my passwords, everyone else could. Sorry but I now have a product that works & saves all my passwords and I can always get to them. Norton used to be great till they seemed to stop caring about their customers.

Kudos0

Thanks for the feedback and good luck in the future with your new product.

I have always said, you got to use programs that suit you, you trust and also plays nice with your system set-up.

Kudos0

For the past ~2 weeks Norton Identity Safe kept requiring me to log into my Norton Account repetitively that I successfully did repetitively but then still refused to let me log into my vault. My solution in the latest Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 Build 15063.483 Creators Update 64 bit was to disable everything that I could in the new updated "Windows Defender Security Center." Norton Identity Safe is now behaving normally allowing me to log into my Vault. There appears to be a new conflict between the updated Windows Defender App and Norton Identity Safe!!!

Kudos0

Ok, I have been reading comments after comments.  Still not sure if it is fixed.  As for me I run all four browsers because some websites don't work in some browsers.  I asked for help twice today about getting it installed on Firefox and Edge, and still having problems.  Edge will not autofill.  As for Firefox, I try to open the Vault and it gives me an error for my password.  Tried rebooting and other things but no luck.  Password works fine in IE 11, Chrome, and the website.  So can anyone put it in simple terms whether or not the problem is just me or everyone?  and if it is just me, would someone please provide me with a solution.  Thanks for your time!!!

Kudos0

Hi wizzer40,

In EDGE, Open the vault and verify the green dot is on ID Safe Icon > left click the Norton Icon > select the three dots at the bottom of the drop down > select Settings  > and then check mark Autofilling.

In Fire Fox, when you select the Norton Icon - does it show signing into the Norton Account or does it go directly to the Vault Password fill in space.  You must be signed into your Norton Account before you can sign into your Vault.  If you have Signed in as: email address showing on your Norton products main page, then clicking on the Norton Icon should ask for your Vault log in. Mine actually flashes the log into Norton Account for a second before displaying the Vault login.

BTW, whenever you leave Edge and Fire Fox, you must sign in again in order to use ID Safe when you go back to that browser.

Hope the above info helps.

Kudos0

Thank you for the information.  I see with Edge that it will autofill some sites and will not autofill other sites even though they all autofill in IE.

As for Firefox my problem is that it does request my username and password but it rejects the password.  Will not let me sign in at all to Norton.  The password is typed in numerous times to make sure it is correct and I get the same results.  Will not accept. 

Any thoughts on that one?  Thanks!!!!

Kudos0

With Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 Build 15063.483 Creators Update 64 bit, my problems opening the Identity Safe Vault in both Firefox and Chrome were solved by opening the default updated "Windows Defender Security Center" app and disabling the app's "App and browser control" and "Virus and Threat Protection." 

Kudos0

Thanks for the help Gusgilbert, unfortunately these two things you suggested did not work.  When I still try to connect with the vault using Firefox, I fill in my username and password manually or with autofill and it will not go through.  message says for the password:  This Information is Required."  maybe another chat with Norton is in order. 

Kudos0

I also reset the password for my Norton Account but found that my problems logging into my vault only resolved after disabling everything that I could in the Windows Defender app.

Kudos0

Ok, just spent 45 minutes on Norton Help Desk.  The person eliminated all my add-ons and then added back Norton's add-ons.  Now I can sign into Norton in Firefox.  However, there is at least one website that I have that will not autofill.  I have to look at my other sites and any that don't autofill need to be reported.  Also, for Edge and Firefox, if you close out of either browser, then when you go back in, you will need to sign into Norton Vault again.  Hope that helps.  thanks all for your comments.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.