• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

"Symantec moves Norton products with 50 million users to Azure"

How does this effect us end-users?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: "Symantec moves Norton products with 50 million users to Azure"

This morning Microsoft announced that Symantec Corp will be using the power of Microsoft Azure to deliver Norton consumer products to 50 million customers. The announcement is part of Symantec’s initiative to move to “hybrid cloud strategies” and “increase operational efficiencies.”

https://www.onmsft.com/news/symantec-moves-norton-products-with-50-million-users-to-azure

Kudos0

But, how does this effect us end-users?

Kudos0

This partnership stems from a Symantec initiative to adopt hybrid cloud strategies that support its business, protect company and customer data, and increase operational efficiencies. With this initiative, Symantec is expecting to not only increase performance, agility and security, but also reduce its operating expenses. Azure allows Symantec to innovate quickly, helping protect customers’ digital lives at home and across devices.

https://news.microsoft.com/2017/10/16/symantec-powers-consumer-security-with-the-microsoft-cloud/ 

But, how does this effect us end-users?

Lets ask Community

Kudos0

I don't know where all this is stored now. It may be on Norton owned servers or in another vendors data center. Maybe moving it to MS data centers will make it more reliable. Time will tell.

Jim

Kudos0

All: From the article bjm_ posted my thoughts are this move is about cost savings coupled with content delivery of products, R&D and of course E-commerce statistical data delivery as well. Bottom line driven.

Terry

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

All: Although I am not totally sure of it there IS a consistent issue with activation of products of late. Across many of Norton products from Norton Security to Norton Family as examples. To me that insists the migration has already begun.Since the articles posted present that we, the end users, with the notion that "content delivery" is also being migrated personally I believe that to be the current issue. Core is also having issues with delivery and consistent firmware showing on those products as well.

Answering the OP's question, once totally implemented things should be totally cloud based, faster with delivery of purchased products, a safer environment for those purchases as well and far better worldwide detection of threats. Which Microsoft is very big on these days with their products. In a nutshell for consumers...better services.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.