• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

This software they can keep....

Looks like more fraudsters have descended to now over-inflate the rating of:

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show_mobile?name=softwarekeep.com  Even though Norton cites it for phishing:

Gotta love it.  Between Hotfootballtickets, fake essay writing services, and now this, what is going on with the Moderation of Safe Web?  Really?  Seems like only me and Meerkat321 are noticing this stuff? 

Regards,

H.B. 

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: This software they can keep....

Kudos1 Stats

Hello

Do any of the above companies have reviewers that post on the sites? What's to stop them from making up a bunch of new viewers that have good posters? Of course they can make up a bad poster every once in a while to try and make it more official looking. There are too many posters to make it look real.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hello once again bjm_

You have amassed a pretty significant body of evidence there....  However, i am still not inclined to TRUST when i see (in a short span of time) nothing but "green" reviews for a relatively unknown company.  This swarming tactic was employed by Brothersoft back when on the Safe Web forum, and, they were fraudsters first-class. 

Regards,

H.B. 

Kudos0

Hammer_Bro:

Hello once again bjm_

You have amassed a pretty significant body of evidence there....  However, i am still not inclined to TRUST when i see (in a short span of time) nothing but "green" reviews for a relatively unknown company.  This swarming tactic was employed by Brothersoft back when on the Safe Web forum, and, they were fraudsters first-class. 

Regards,

H.B. 

Okay, you feel Safe Web community based reviews need filtered for "swarming".    

Kudos0

A deeper look at the "reviewers"
outside of bjm_ who issued five [5] bar reviews for "softwarekeep":

1.) CartrightGIS Registered 8-20-18 with Safe Web
1 review only under account which was for "Software Keep" (abbreviated S.K. moving forward)

2.) Hubert Stonewill Registered 8-20-18
1 review only for S.K.

3.) James Kiddman Registered 8-20-18
1 review only for S.K.

4.) Scottie Pendelton Registered 8-20-18
1 review only for S.K.

5.) Cornelius Rodgers Registered 8-20-18
1 review only for S.K. 

6.) Des Tucker Registered 8-20-18
1 review only for S.K. 

7.) Abe S. Thompson Registered 8-20-18
1 review only for S.K. 

8.) WMcGill Registered 8-20-18
1 review only for S.K. 

9.) Bert Brown Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

10.) Cristine Amber Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

11.) Anthony Bell Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

12.) Steph Brown Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

13.) Bernard Parocha Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

14.) Willybilly Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

15.) mindysig Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

16.) Jonathnath Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

17.) Susanjowenes Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

18.) Ray Bryan Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

19.) Gregoright Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

20.) Madforrester Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

21.) Sue Puth Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

22.) Kris Abunda Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

23.) khaled9ball Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

24.) tariq.khan Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

25.) markmcmillian21 Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

26.) mitchellcostello 1 5 Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

27.) Jennylyn Sucaldito Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

28.) feliciajoseph Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

29.) James Adrian Penn Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

30.) Rufa Mae Milby Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

31.) mrhelper Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

32.) jsmith 1 23 Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

33.) amorello 1 Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

34.) pingpogi Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

35.) fdizon Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

36.) Don-don Registered 8-19-18
1 review only for S.K. 

So, based on the aforementioned data, are we really to conclude that this domain is so popular that it garners thirty-six [36] five-bar reviews
in the span of a measly two [2] days?  If the Safe Web Admin can't see that this is obvious fraud, i guess i can no longer be of assistance in this
regard.  Bottom line, i have reported this, whether Safe Web wants to play roulette with their frequenters safety is now ON THEM.  If i were the
Safe Web Admin, i would IMMEDIATELY strike from the record these fake accounts. 

Take care,
H.B.    

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Hello H B

I will bring  this thread to the attention of Safe Web also Thanks for your list.

Please stay tuned to this thread for a response from the Safe Web Team on Tuesday night after midnight EDT.

Have a Nice Day and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Kudos1 Stats

e

Kudos0

Community based reviews hold no value for me. 
With 1+ million new Phishing sites created each month with the majority being online and active for only 4 to 8 hours.  These short-lived sites are designed to evade detection by traditional anti-phishing strategies, such as block lists. Even if the lists are updated hourly, they are generally 3–5 days out of date by the time they’re made available, by which time the sites in question may have already victimized users and disappeared.   
https://www.webroot.com/au/en/about/press-room/releases/nearly-15-million-new-phishing-sites

It’s becoming increasingly important as a business to recognize that times have changed. Phishing attacks are not what they used to be. Not only are they no longer restricted to the vehicle of email, but they’ve become increasingly advanced. Wandera’s data suggests that a user is now 18x more likely to fall victim to a mobile phishing attack then a malware attack.
With a new mobile phishing site created every 20 seconds, it’s vital to understand the ways in which phishing has advanced and proliferated to better protect your organization.
https://www.wandera.com/mobilephishing-next-generation/

To prevent Internet phishing, users should have knowledge of how the bad guys do this and they should also be aware of anti-phishing techniques to protect themselves from becoming victims.
https://www.knowbe4.com/phishing

Kudos0

Thank you, floplot. 

bjm_ explains,

"Community based reviews hold no value for me."

I believe that community reviews absolutely shape perception, and, if i am able, i will continue to report on the fraudulent activity i witness on Safe Web. 

Regards,

H.B.   

Kudos1 Stats

Hammer_Bro:

bjm_ explains,

"Community based reviews hold no value for me."

I believe that community reviews absolutely shape perception, and, if i am able, i will continue to report on the fraudulent activity i witness on Safe Web. 

Regards,

H.B.   

Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together. 

Kudos1 Stats

I noticed they are back at it again again again! https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=hotfootballtickets.com

We need to turn off reviews for that site now!

Kudos0

Looks like the bot accounts are still in place for softwarekeep AND fraudulent reviews are starting in once again for hotfootballtickets....

Another that the Safe Web Admin should look into deeper is Gearbest; seems like a tremendous amount of bot accounts for that: https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show_mobile?name=gearbest.com

Kudos1 Stats

Hello H B

I'll try and give Safe Web another \ nudge to look at the reviews for the sites. Listing that many reviews is a little overboard for 1 site.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hi Floplot,

To put this in perspective, with how huge Amazon is, even they only have 118 reviews on Safe Web, and, i've never even heard of this "Gearbest".  Once again, the same garbage tactics that Brothersoft used back in the day on Safe Web.  Overall, between these various situations i.e., hotfootballtickets, softwarekeep, questionable essay writing services, Gearbest, on and on it just seems like there is not really active moderation on Safe Web.  Perhaps that is something they want to look into.  For example, on FUNimation's forum, they have appointed some top contributors to have moderatorship status. 

Regards,

H.B. 

Kudos0

Hello H B

I received an answer from Cops tonight when I got to the Forum.

Hi Floplot,

We have been going through the sites that had fake reviews in recent times. We have deleted some of the reviews which did not seem legit. We were studying each case and hence had delay in action. Unfortunately, we can not discontinue all reviews for any site. However, we can delete reviews based on its content.

We are currently going through the reviews of gearbest.com and will take action soon.

Cops

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Kudos0

Floplot conveys message from COPS,

"We are currently going through the reviews of gearbest.com and will take action soon.

Hmmm... 

Still 472 "reviews" and a solid 4.9?

Hmmmmmmm.... (laughs) ;-)

Regards,

H.B.   

Kudos1 Stats

Hello H B

I guess it takes Safe Web time to go thru 500 reviews.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Kudos0

(laughs big)

Floplot,

Were you being sarcastic there?  As if to say, "Get out of here you filthy Hammer Bro, it takes time to go through 500 reviews!" 

If so, i just want to tell you that that was EPIC and thanks for being so awesome as usual ;-) 

(laughs again)

Sincerely,

H.B. 

Kudos1 Stats

Hello H B

Actually I meant that it could take Safe Web Team some time to read thru all of the reviews for that site and do their other work also. I don't know how many are working on this problem . Didn't mean any ill-will towards you.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Kudos0

Well, at least with respect to "softwarekeep", it looks as though the fraud reviewers have been vanquished for now

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.