• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

You have rated tenforums as Dangerous!!!!!

Tenforums is a recognised website, probable used by many contributors so for you to rate it as Dangerous is nonsense.

But when you read your full report it's even more nonsensical as the report appears to give it a clean bill of health!

Still, it's not for me to get more involved - I've reported it to tenforums.

Win10 Home v1803 build 17134.345/HP envy/EDGE (rubbish)/IE11 (RIP)11.285.17134.0/ OFFICE 365 Home Personal/Norton Security

Replies

Kudos0

Re: You have rated tenforums as Dangerous!!!!!

I just visited Tenforums and was not blocked. I even logged out and back in again, as I see your image shows something about user-accounts in the URL. 

Were you trying to access a specific page on the site, or are you getting blocked from even getting to the home page?

What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Visited Tenforums as well, and was not blocked using latest updated versions of Chrome and Microsoft Edge. At times, I get anomalous results from browsers when i'm using adblockers.  

Kudos0

On further thought, I believe I've seen something similar to that suspicious website screen before. Six months ago maybe, I was looking around to find a fix for the lengthy period of time my laptop was taking to restart. So, I was looking around at various self help type sites. Somewhere in the process I clicked on a link and got a very real looking alert, and in my case it locked the machine. I think I ran across a browser hijack type of thing. In my case, there at least, I just rolled back to a laptop backup from a couple of weeks ago. Problem solved. Bad agents sneak bad links into legitimate sites of course. Wondering if you may be seeing that type of thing?

Kudos0

Hello Taffy

I'll ask the Safe  Web Team to check out the page you were attempting to enter. I believe it is possible for 1 page of a site to have a blockage while the rest of the site is clean. I'll see what the Safe Web Team has to say about this.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Thanks All. Comments:

@peterweb: I was trying to access their site but because Edge is not fit for purpose imo, I'd saved two links to tenforums. They were supposed to go to the home page where I would normally then log in. I clear my browser cache on exit and at least weekly as well.

@dolomite: I've been having issues on MSComm due to my adblocker. They at first told me how poor adblockers are so I replied that it's AdBlocker Ultimate, from MS Store and specifically for Edge. Still awaiting their response but MS Comm is a mess at the moment, don't you think? I now have the paid-for version of MBaM & ran that immediately - there were no naughties, thank goodness.

@ Flotplot. Thanks - much appreciated.

Win10 Home v1803 build 17134.345/HP envy/EDGE (rubbish)/IE11 (RIP)11.285.17134.0/ OFFICE 365 Home Personal/Norton Security
Kudos0

Hi Taffy_078,

We are unable to reproduce any block page in your site. Can you provide us with the URL where you are experiencing the block page?

Cops

Kudos0

it's shown in my snip

Kudos0

The URL in your snip is truncated. Consol_Ops needs the full URL, because some of the detail at the end of the URL can make a difference in what part of a site you are directed to.

Just the tenforums.com is not enough.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I can't replicate it now. I logged into Ten Forums in the way that I always do and I have no idea where the "user accounts" bit at the end came from.

End of thread??

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.