• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Identity safe login

Since the last update I have to login into my NS account and I have to login into my identiy safe to open my identity safe .

Eventhough NS is already signed in.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Identity safe login

Hello R. Kos. There are several threads here on the forums related to this issue. With Internet Explorer, Edge and Chrome browsers. Supposedly, an updated browser extension was released yesterday that corrects the issue with Edge per this Admin posting in another thread concerning the Edge browser. I validated that at least on my end it doesn't correct the issue. But has for at least one other person posting in that thread.

Regarding IE11, that is another issue being discussed in this thread , where nothing is being done (as far as appearances go).

We await fixes from Norton and the other vendors for the issue. My personal belief is this is HARD CODED by design into at least IE11 as far as the account login and 2 factor authentication code before logging into the password manager (vault). Norton isn't going to change the behavior. On other browsers such as Edge, Chrome and Firefox who knows.

Lastly, I want to point out that this behavior was NOT present on my systems BEFORE the Windows 10 upgrade to version 1809 AND the last Norton product version update. Its time for the left hand to start working with the right and get this corrected WITH release notes that reflect what was changed as well as why. Stay tuned.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.