• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Antispyware Not Fixed

For the past two days now, my Norton Security keeps telling me my computer is at risk & is not automatically protected from spyware and other risks. I click the 'Fix Now' option but it never fixes. If Norton is aware of this issue & is currently looking into it, then I can wait. If there is a solution I can try beforehand, I'd appreciate it.

File Attachment: 
Labels: Windows 10

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Antispyware Not Fixed

Did you restart your computer after running the Fix Now? 

As you are using Windows 10, have you disabled the Fast Startup feature?  If you use Windows 8/8.1 or 10, there can be an issue with the Windows Fast Startup feature.. See more information here.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Accepted Solution
Kudos3 Stats

If restarting your machine doesn't help you might consider downloading and running the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool.  This will download a fresh new copy of your Norton product, uninstall your current copy and reinstall the fresh new copy.  Please read the "Before you begin" section first.

Once your new copy is installed remember to run Live Update, restarting where required, until no more updates are available.

As Peter suggested above, I would also recommend disabling Fast Startup.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Yes, I'm using W10 Version 1809. After restarting Norton gives me the green arrow, but after some time passes I see the red X giving me the same error with the Antispyware. I never had an issue w/ Norton in regards to the Fast Startup until yesterday.

Kudos0

I can try this method. I failed to mention that I'm running two PC's and on my other PC the Norton product is working w/ no errors. As I mentioned in Peter's reply, I never had an issue w/ the Fast Startup.

Kudos1 Stats

David, it's possible that the problem PC's Norton version has become corrupted.

Worth trying Krusty13's suggestion re the Remove and Reinstall Tool, as that may just fix this issue.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

That seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you for the solution Krusty13. And thanks to the others for your input. I appreciate it all.

Kudos0

Great!  Glad to help.

Thanks for letting us know.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.