• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

website flagged as unsafe - please re-evaluate

I am the owner of www.easy2boot.com. The site has been flagged as unsafe for a download file which had been removed ages ago.

I have added the owner keyword but cannot verify ownership.

Can this site be re-evaluated please?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: website flagged as unsafe - please re-evaluate

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=easy2boot.com/ =WARNING

I'm not finding Meta Tag with view-source.

Please review > Safe Web Help for Site Owners
https://safeweb.norton.com/help/site_owners

We'll try to raise attention to your concern.

Kudos0

Maybe I am doing something wrong. If I press F12 in Chrome on http://www.easy2boot.com I can see the <head> section with a keywords meta tag (see attached). So I still cant establish myself as owner.

Thanks for the help.

P.S. Seems to be 'clean' rated now! :-)

File Attachment: 
Kudos1 Stats

Kudos0

Hi @SteveSi .... re your screenshot....maybe you created custom meta tag:
<meta name="keywords" content="keyword1, keyword2, nsw-actual_string_content_with_no_spaces_or_line_feed_or_formatting_characters"/>

I used "View page source"...looking for

example: <meta name="norton-safeweb-site-verification" content="actual_string_content_with_no_spaces_or_line_feed_or_formatting_characters"/>

Kudos0

keyword line is at approx line 161 - scroll down...

<meta name="keywords" content="nsw-kawvwscxo561wxv2ivr2lqx4j6bok5xh3pmf8-6xt-dc778tj9oxt6xnm9382p8owjlfh9lb-XXxi80e-glmmpsd-o8bjsqgxh7oow99s0dj9gnwwclae94scf3upd5v, multiboot, usb, UEFI, Yumi, Hirens, ISO files, MSDart, WinPE ISO, Windows ISO, persistence">
Kudos0

Okay.  I'm used to using View page source.  F12 is over my pay grade. 

Kudos0

yes, that is what I used too. view-source:www.easy2boot.com

line 161 has the keywords line.

Kudos0

SteveSi:

keyword line is at approx line 161 - scroll down...

<meta name="keywords" content="nsw-kawvwscxo561wxv2ivr2lqx4j6bok5xh3pmf8-6xt-dc778tj9oxt6xnm9382p8owjlfh9lb-XXxi80e-glmmpsd-o8bjsqgxh7oow99s0dj9gnwwclae94scf3upd5v, multiboot, usb, UEFI, Yumi, Hirens, ISO files, MSDart, WinPE ISO, Windows ISO, persistence">

Yes, appears you created custom meta tag: 
Sorry, I'm not finding thru View page source. 

When using the first method, to add a meta tag into your Web site's home page, please be aware of the following placement and content issues.

Meta Tag Placement

The <meta> tag must be placed in the <head> section, before the first <body> section.

For example:

<head>
<title>Title text</title>
<meta name="norton-safeweb-site-verification" > </head>
<body>
. . .
</body>

https://safeweb.norton.com/help/site_owners

We'll need @floplot to confirm ownership has been verified.  

Kudos0

yes (line number changes due to ads, etc. search for keywords), there is only one head and one body. I am using keywords not <meta name="norton-safeweb-site-verification" >

The only difference is that the <title> line appears below the <meta name  line and not above it.

Kudos0

We'll need @floplot to confirm with Safe Web Team that ownership has been verified.   

Kudos0

Hello Steve

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum

I found the Meta Tag using the Source page around line 161 as was mentioned. However, there were a bunch of other words or something. The Meta Tag should be on a line by itself.

I would say that since the site has been evaluated, that it should be verified. I will, however, ask the Safe Web Team if it is indeed verified.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

SteveSi:

yes, that is what I used too. view-source:www.easy2boot.com

line 161 has the keywords line.

Kudos0

Hello

This is where I found the Meta Tag using his Source Page.

I guess it was around Line 107 and it should be on a line by itself. It does look like a Custom one.

I have asked the Safe Web Team if the site ownership has been verified.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi SteveSi

We have manually verified the ownership and also analyzed your site 'easy2boot.com' and found it to be clean. So we have changed its rating to green.
https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=easy2boot.com

Cops

Kudos0

Thanks very much. I have another issue. I also own www.rmprepusb.com which is a Google Sites site. The Google Sites CSM does not allow me to add files to the root folder  and does not allow me to add keywords.or any meta data to the <head> section. So I cannot verify ownership.

I have added the special keyword to the Description list of keywords though and the required html is in the \home subfolder and root folders.

Kudos0

floplot:

Hello

This is where I found the Meta Tag using his Source Page.

I guess it was around Line 107 and it should be on a line by itself. It does look like a Custom one.

I have asked the Safe Web Team if the site ownership has been verified.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

first time, as I recall.... I needed to disable uBlock Origin to find meta tag.  

Kudos0

Hello bjm

I don't think I disabled mine, but all is well now with the first site.

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hello Steve

Could you please give me a Line number using the Source Page? That is a huge site for my old eyes to go over and look for the Meta Tag.

Have a Good Night and 

Thanks.

Kudos0

Google Sites seems to make up its own keywords and Description tags for a site! It has not added mine!

I have added the html file provided by NSW to the root of my rmprepusb site and the verification link now works (it downloads the file from the site)

Confirm successful upload by visiting https://www.rmprepusb.com/nortonsw_c9885dd0-7046-0.html in your browser.

BUT when I click on the Verify link at https://safeweb.norton.com/site_dispute, it fails to verify!

It seems your verification process is broken for both keywords and html files?

Kudos0

Hello SteveSi

The Safe Web Team will check out what you have provided.

Please stay tuned to the Thread for a response from the Safe Web Team on Monday night after midnight EDT.

Have a Good Night and 

Thanks.

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Hi SteveSi

We have manually verified ownership of your website 'rmprepusb.com' and it is currently rated green in safeweb.norton.com.
https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=rmprepusb.com

Cops

Kudos0

Hello SteveSi

Good Luck with your websites. It looks like your issues have now been solved.Since they are solved, could you please pick out the post which solved them and click on Mark As Solution located on the bottom of the post?

Could you also fill out the Forum Feedback located on the Right side of the page. It looks like this.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.