• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

21.0.2.1: Norton Identity Safe Logo/Icon In Norton Tool-Bar

Hi, Norton Community,

When I turn on my computer from it being off - or Re-Starting the computer - and Launch I.E., the Norton Identity Safe "Not-Logged-In" Icon is not Displayed in the Norton Tool-Bar, so when I first installed 21.x.x.x, I didn't know if there was a way you could Log-In via the Norton Tool-Bar; there was no promt from the Product saying would you like to log in.  So, I Logged In via Norton Internet Security U.I., and when I went back to the Browser, the Icon was Displayed: The Orange Key-looking Icon.  When I now Log-Out of Norton Identity Safe, the Logged-Out Icon is Dis-Played, and can Click on it to Log-In.  The next time I Re-Started/Turn On the computer, the Icon was not there, so I put my Cursor up where the icon is meant to be Dis-Played, and a blue box appeared!  When clicked on, I logged in normally and the Icon appeared again.  Look forward to your comments, and looking forward to getting this Defect Repaired.  Thanks for reading!

WINDOWS7, S.P.1

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 21.0.2.1: Norton Identity Safe Logo/Icon In Norton Tool-Bar

A couple of the usual questions...

What Norton product are you using?

How did you do the upgrade? Over the top or clean install?

Are the graphics drivers ip to date? 

Windows updates all done?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi, peterweb,

Many Thanks for your Message.

I am using Norton Internet Security (N.I.S.).

Yes to all your questions.  With regard to the install, I installed over-the-top of Version 20.x.x.x.  It was a clean Over-The-Top Install as I used a Norton Product to check the system for any left-over bits of the previous Product/correct any bits left-over from the Installation, such as the Registry, and from what I remember, nothing much was found.

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Kudos0

Floating_Red wrote:

Hi, peterweb,

Many Thanks for your Message.

I am using Norton Internet Security (N.I.S.).

Yes to all your questions.  With regard to the install, I installed over-the-top of Version 20.x.x.x.  It was a clean Over-The-Top Install as I used a Norton Product to check the system for any left-over bits of the previous Product/correct any bits left-over from the Installation, such as the Registry, and from what I remember, nothing much was found.

Could you elaborate on the Norton product you used to check your system?

Sounds like you may have done a clean install rather than the over the top install, where you just run the new installer.

I would suggest a reinstall using the Norton Removal And Reinstall Tool.

Download the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool from here   www.norton.com/nrnr
If you use Identity Safe, backup/export your data. Use the CSV format for compatibility.
Run the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool.
Reboot.
Run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.
Try to log into your Identity Safe. If you can, you are done. If not, Import your Identity Safe data.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos1 Stats

Is Norton tool bar in IE is minimized (no text)?

Are you getting same issue in this post :

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Norton-toolbar-Icon/td-p/1036007

Kudos0

saranya_g1 wrote:

Is Norton tool bar in IE is minimized (no text)?

Are you getting same issue in this post :

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Norton-toolbar-Icon/td-p/1036007

Hi, saranya_g1,

Thanks for your Message!

My Tool-Bar is not Minimized and is the full length of I.E.10; on one end of the Norton Tool-Bar, I have the "Norton" Logo and on the other end of the Norton Tool-Bar, there is the "Search" Bar, Web Site Status and Norton Vault, where there is no text next to the Web Site Status and the Norton Vault.  There is nothing displayed in the middle of the Norton Tool-Bar, except the grey of the Norton Tool-Bar.

The fault I reported in Message One is where the Norton Vault Icon, when not Logged In, does not display upon Start-Up of I.E. when the computer has just started up/switched on, and, when I do Sign In, the Icon displays (without Text), then, when I Log-Out, the Closed Icon displays (without Text).

I hope this makes things clearer!

------------------------------

Edit:

This Fault is still present in 21.1.0.18.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.