• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

360 backup delete

360 will not show and let me delete 3 backup sets. but it does show the 3 for restoring.

Also, backup on line storage and restore is 5xtoo slow. what is the problem?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 360 backup delete

Hi dennis le sm.

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums.

As I know little about your system I am guessing but I suspect that the backups were not defined by the currently installed N360 software.  If this is the case there will be no definitions of the backup sets held in N360 and so it will not give you the option to delete the definition and the files.  However if the software can see the location of the old backups it will allow you to restore them.  Does that make sense?

If you do want to delete these old sets, probably the easiest way to do it is to open windows Explorer and look for a virtual drive called the Norton Backup Drive.  If you open that you should see these old backup sets.  Right clicking on a set should give you the option to delete it.

As for the backup and restore speed to online servers.... well that is why I prefer a local drive....  The reasons can be many fold, the encryption process as the files are prepared for sending, the speed of your internet connection, the load on the Norton servers.

Did the above help at all?

Mike

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.