• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

360 crashes Chrome and X64 defenitions slow computer

Windows Vista Ultimate X64 Bit Edition. Norton 360 version 21.2.0.38. Google Chrome version 34.0.1847.116.

Hello, I have recently had issues with Norton 360 Premier-Latest version and all updates- Identity Safe crashing in Google Chrome for no apparent reason. Tried removing and reinstalling the plugin within Chrome and it still crashes.  Also not too thrilled about no Norton Vulnerability protection for this browser either!

In another issue I noticed that whenever the X64 virus definitions update for the Norton Premier product it slows my PC to a crawl, sometimes even randomly slowing and or crashing programs. This apparently needs some research. This is just a for your information mostly to Symantec as I am not expecting these issues to be fixed by any end user.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 360 crashes Chrome and X64 defenitions slow computer

Windows Vista Ultimate X64 Bit Edition. Norton 360 version 21.2.0.38. Google Chrome version 34.0.1847.116.

Hello, I have recently had issues with Norton 360 Premier-Latest version and all updates- Identity Safe crashing in Google Chrome for no apparent reason. Tried removing and reinstalling the plugin within Chrome and it still crashes.  Also not too thrilled about no Norton Vulnerability protection for this browser either!

In another issue I noticed that whenever the X64 virus definitions update for the Norton Premier product it slows my PC to a crawl, sometimes even randomly slowing and or crashing programs. This apparently needs some research. This is just a for your information mostly to Symantec as I am not expecting these issues to be fixed by any end user.

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Hi,antonymagnus. There are ongoing issues with Chrome, due to the way Google now handles 3rd party extensions..

Symantec is aware of the problem, but you may wish to use either Firefox or IE 10 which is my current default browser for the time being, as the extensions work fine in IE 10.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

I see. Hopefully a solution is forthcoming soon. And as to the other regarding vulnerability protection for Chrome I hope they are working on that also. It seems to me that the more browsers you can protect, ie , Safari, Netscape, Chrome, Opera than the more popular your product will be. Shooting yourselves in the foot with that Symantec. 

Also as to the last, Norton 360 X64 bit defenitions slowing computer! I hope this will cease in the future. Quite annoying.

Thanks

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.