• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

4th Time - Error 8504, 101

I don't know why this issue keeps coming up with me.

Norton Security
8504, 101
BucketID: D6E6E3EF
Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
9600.17668.amd64fre.winblue_r8.150127-1500
Norton Autofix Results: 1 item(s)
Installation :: Failed

Oct 2014 1st time: https://community.norton.com/en/forums/norton-security-did-not-update-firefox-toolbar

Jan 2015 2nd time: https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6149471

March 10, 2015 3rd Time: https://community.norton.com/en/forums/3rd-time-error-8504-101

After taking a look at the previous thread, I don't think I should be mucking about in system folders to clear files. There should be a tool to resolve this, maybe it should be in the Autofix tool.

@kumar_I

Yes, I did follow the KB document: Error: "8504,101" appears on my Norton product but I should not be getting the same problem over and over again.

This seemed to happen after I installed some windows update today. Well going to follow the KB document which is to use the Norton removal tool and re-install.

~I am still at a lost who I really am but by going deep into the jungles I can unlock my secret past.Sony VAIO VPCF136FM; Windows 10 Professional x64; 8 GB RAM; Intel i7 Quad (1st Gen) @ 1.73 GHz (Boast to 2.83 GHz) Norton Security - Stopped Running since v22.5.2.15

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 4th Time - Error 8504, 101

I may be missing something, but it appears every time you have encountered the 8504,101 error was following an update for the Firefox browser NTB add-on update for the next generation of FF browser.

It also appears that when you did clear your temp files and /or prefetch the situation corrected itself.  Perhaps there is something that is not working correctly when it comes to Norton clearing out temp files etc.  

Just curious, where you do you have the FF update set?    From the Menu Tool bar, Tools > Options > Advanced Tab > Update?  Suggest you set it to Check for Updates, but let me choice whether to install them and do not install the new FF update until after you receive the NTB browser add-on update.

Kudos0

I usually Install Firefox update first. Right now I trying to get Norton up and running again but removal and install. You might be on to something. Maybe, a clearing mechanism should be added. Yeah, it tends to be on days when Firefox is update is released.
~I am still at a lost who I really am but by going deep into the jungles I can unlock my secret past.Sony VAIO VPCF136FM; Windows 10 Professional x64; 8 GB RAM; Intel i7 Quad (1st Gen) @ 1.73 GHz (Boast to 2.83 GHz) Norton Security - Stopped Running since v22.5.2.15
Kudos0

Hello

Have you installed Firefox 37 yet? If not, wait until you get the patch for the toolbar today. It's a 3 in 1 patch today, so it might fix some vault problems also if you have the 2 problems with the vault.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

It is always recommended to get the Norton Toolbar update installed BEFORE updating Firefox. There are many threads on these forums where updating FF first has caused issues when Norton gets updated. These usually end up with the user having to uninstall both products and then reinstall Norton first, getting all the updates before reinstalling FF.

Yank's setting for the FF updates will ensure you do not get caught by this again.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.