• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Allow Specific Websites in Norton Security 2016

In Norton Security with Backup 2016, how do I prevent a specific Website from being blocked?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Allow Specific Websites in Norton Security 2016

Settings > Antivirus > Scans and Risks Tab > under Exclusions/Low Risks select the one that applies to what you are trying to do > Configure.

I would also suggest not using your email address as your user name.

Kudos0

Hello

If you mean you are getting notices for sites that are malicious, if you list them, then I can have the Safe Web Team check them out. Why are these sites being blocked?

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

No, not a malicious site, but the SSA (Social Security Administration).  IsItDown.com says that it's working, and so did a tech rep for Norton (working for their computers, so it must be a server where I am, the Philippines.  I was in the U. S. about three weeks ago, and could navigate to it fine.  This will take some digging :(

Kudos0

Hello

It probably has to do with US security since you are trying to contact a US Government site. They are probably afraid of hacking when phone calls come from outside the USA for SSA. Probably one of Obama's rules. See if this issue continues and see if you can get to other US Government sites perhaps. You could also try different DNS servers.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Yeah, likely you're right.  Between Obama and all of his Progressive comrades, expatriates--whether short- or long-term--aren't treated as citizens at all.  As for other .gov sites, that's affirmative, particularly the IRS!  It's going to take some trial-and-error rigmarole on my part.  Just three weeks ago I was in North Carolina visiting my brother, and had no difficulty getting to any government site!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.