• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

Backup

Hello how can i remove an old backup from norton on a pc i have no more
it stands in my account but i can not remove the backup that is from the old pc. what do i do ???

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Backup

Do you have Norton installed on your new PC?

If so, go to This PC on your computer. The first drive you should see is the Norton Backup Drive. Click on that. It has always run very slowly, but give it time and you should eventually see your backups. I think if you right-click on a backup you can select "delete".

I have always found Norton Backup to be slow and somewhat awkward to use.

Another way might be to access My Account on the Norton site.

Kudos0

Yes, I have norton installed, but I can not see the norton backup drive,
I can see the backup on my account but can not delete anything
do you have to install something to see the backup drive ????

Kudos0

To see the Norton Backup Drive, you need to be logged into a Windows Admin account. Then open Windows Explorer, Windows key + E. Then as noted by richfed, click on This PC in the left pane, and the Norton Backup drive should show up in the right pane. As richfed notes, double click on that drive, then when the backup sets appear, after some time, right click on the old backup set and click Delete. 

If you have not set up Backup on the new computer, you will not see the backup drive.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks for all your answers, have received support, got this address https://nobu.backup.com/session/new
logged in and they will then delete the backups

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Have you tried logging into that site? Were you using the Norton Online Backup, or the Backup feature in Norton Security?

AFAIK, you will only be able to delete backups make with the Norton Online Backup product.

Kudos0

And 1000 thanks for all the good answers

Kudos0

Have tried everything as support said but can not delete anything since I do not here the pc backup belongs too .. so now they are deleted by the backup team

Kudos0

Did anyone figure this out? i have Norton Security with backup. I log into my Norton account online and see my backups. But can't figure out how to delete a set. 

Kudos0

megan441

Are these backups from old computers you no longer use?

Did you look at the instructions in the posts above by richfed and myself, about accessing the backups in Window Explorer?

Kudos0

i was using Norton security with backup. I have a bunch of huge files in my norton account.(by logging in to the Norton.com and signing in)  

I can see the backups and drill in to see the files. I can download the files one by one. I want to delete the entire set so I can free up some cloud storage space. I don't have Norton Online Backup. This is just "Norton Security".

i just attached a doc that shows some screen shots. I seem to have Norton tech support stumped as well. I can't seem to get an answer on how to simply delete a backup.

Kudos0

You are not looking in the right place.

I posted that you need to follow the instructions that richfed and myself posted above. You need to use Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer. Open My Computer, or This PC  from the left pane and you will see Norton Backup Drive. Double click that and your backup sets will appear. From there, you can right click the backup set you want to remove and click Delete.

You need to be logged into a Windows Administrator account to see the backup drive.

Kudos0

Thanks!!

Kudos0

Please let us know how it goes.

Kudos0

this only allows you to delete current backup sets How do you clean out old data sets from different pc's that are no longer available

Kudos0

How many PCs are you currently backing up? Do they all show up in your Norton Backup Drive?

I have 2 PC's being backed up and both show up in my Norton Backup Drive. This image was taken from my laptop and it shows the backup for the desktop.

Kudos0

Thanks for the solution, I was about to post the same problem! 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.