• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Backup Diskspace - Remove all backup sets and files. N360_BACKUP still takes up 2.7TB. Now what?

I bought a new 3TB disk to Norton-360-backup my 300GB user data, a year ago.

Yesterday, the disk was full.

I deleted all backup sets with files and tried to start again as suggested by the forum.

When I have no backup sets and all file removed, N360_backup still has 2.7TB files on it.

What are these files? Can I delete them safely?

Labels: Backup

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Backup Diskspace - Remove all backup sets and files. N360_BACKUP still takes up 2.7TB. Now what?

okay I give up with nbu. I am doing a files copy from the browser. it seems that it is a lot better and faster. it marks the end of my 9 years subscription for 360, which last another 353 days, and probably the end of symantec endpoint in my org from the next tender.

Who needs a software antivirus app on the client when a hardware firewall does much better? there are a lot of enterprise antivirus apps with better reputation.

Kudos0

Re: Backup Diskspace - Remove all backup sets and files. N360_BACKUP still takes up 2.7TB. Now what?

I deleted everything from the N360_backup folder after taking ownership. I restarted the backup with a clean disk. Now, who needs backup if not for a failing computer? Norton tells us that in order for the NBU to work you have to delete your backup of a failing-any-time computer. That is very thoughtful and risk free. I have 2.5TB free space after the initial backup. So the actual backup is 300GB. It is the backup database or some nonsense that eat up all the space. 2.5TB nonsense in 1 year. A total of 800% wasting of disk. Excellent efficiency. Judging from the Norton employer stop responding from 2013, NBU has probably discontinued the product, or going to do so soon.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.