• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Backup failed (A2277) and error W1

Please help with these two errors on the back up program  A2277 and W1

thanks

IC

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Backup failed (A2277) and error W1

Hello

The 2277 error means its unable to read a file. The W1 is a Windows error meaning invalid function. It sounds like you may have a file locked causing both of these errors within your file selection. Do the logs provide any further info?

Kudos0

Wesley,

I understand that you work for Norton, I have contacted last weekend the support line on chat and on the phoe to solve the problem with NOBU namely repeated A2277 error and W1 error, the have reinstalled the rpogram multiple times and basically they test the program by doing back up of the internet explorer favorites. that works fine. BUT.... when it comes to back up my computer ( I do have 52 GB available for 32 GB needed for back up) the program repeatedly fails. This issue needs to be addressed by Norton Management as a repeated error in the program with the Norton personnel unable to give a total solution to the problem.

File Attachment: 
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

fINALLY AND FOLLOWING ESLEY LEAD AND WITH THE HELP OF THE ASISTANCE ONLINE AND WITH PHONE SUPPORT IN INDIA, ONE OF THE MANAGERS FINALLY FIGURED OUT THAT THE HARD DRIVE WAS CORRUPTED AND HE RAN THE CHKDSK WITH THE F COMMAND (WHICH IS THE ONE THAT FIXES THE DISK) AND ALL THE COMPONENTS FROM nobu AND NORTON UTILITIES STARTED WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.