• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Backup failed A2819

Hi, I've been using Norton online backup for a while now, but this last month all my backups have failed and I've had the error message (A2819). How can I fix this?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Backup failed A2819

Hi, I've been using Norton online backup for a while now, but this last month all my backups have failed and I've had the error message (A2819). How can I fix this?

Kudos0

GillianMcC wrote:

Welcome,

After you save your identity safe data run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool

www.Norton.com/nrnr

to see if that corrects the problem. Be sure that nothing in your backup set configuration has changed and that you have space on yoour destination drive.

Keep us posted

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos0

Hello Gillian

That translates to a DNS error. This would occur if Norton Online Backup or Norton 360's online backup component can’t resolve/reach the address used to connect to the backend and in turn Symantec.com or Norton.com. From there the service translates it to a DNS server error.

In this instance the corrective course of action would be:

1.       Try a system restart first and foremost.

2.       Verify you can reach Symantec.com and Norton.com via a web browser

3.       Double check your firewall settings to ensure neither site is being blocked.

If you're still encountering the error please reply back and include the following:

• The version of Windows being used and last installed service pack if applicable
  • What specific online backup product you're using: Norton 360 or Norton Online Backup
  • What firewall product are you using
  • Are you using this at home or in a corporate environment. 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.