• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Backup failed (A8989

For the last 2 days have been getting this error message Backup failed (A8989) think this has something to do with maintenance not sure but for two days  I rebooted my computer, did a file count on the websites still ng, Please advise ,

Thanks in advance,

BOBS

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Backup failed (A8989

For the last 2 days have been getting this error message Backup failed (A8989) think this has something to do with maintenance not sure but for two days  I rebooted my computer, did a file count on the websites still ng, Please advise ,

Thanks in advance,

BOBS

Kudos0

Hi Bobs

Welcome to Norton Community!!

This error particularly gets resolved upon restarting your computer and running the backup job again. However, in your case it seems something else is causing this issue.

In case if the issue is still persisting, please share the error from the Activity logs.

Thanks

Lucky

Kudos0

Hello All,

Actually no it doesn't. Rebooting the system has zero impact on this specific message. It indicates the account has been placed in maintenance mode. That is specifically done to prevent it from trying to backup or access content while there is backend maintenance being performed or there is a possible issue with the account itself.

There are planned maintenance cycles and unfortunately unplanned ones when unexpected issues surface. This would fall under the unplanned side of it. Those matters were resolved and the small number impacted have been returned to normal operation. Checking the account now does show you're now running backups without any further incident.

Please advise if you are seeing otherwise.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.