• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Backup has been turned off on Norton 360 and can't be turned back on

I am running Windows 10 and have used Backup on my Norton 360 many times in the past on this laptop onto a 64GB flash drive. It now says Backup Is Off and I cannot turn it back on. The backup settings show everything is on and ready to go. This is the main computer on a 3 computer plan with 579 days remaining on the subscription and both of the other computers have backup that is on and ready to use. What gives? How to I get my backup to run?

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Re: Backup has been turned off on Norton 360 and can't be turned back on

Hi,mitch. Have you restarted that particular machine ? Norton and others require this to correctly operate.

Also, Fast Start Up should be disabled, as this is known to cause issues.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7418-shut-down-computer-windows-10-a...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-1...

If these measures don't work, a reinstall may be needed.  www.norton.com/nrnr

If used, please read the Before you begin note, run Live Update after until no more are found, and then restart again.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

mitchl1 - something else that comes to mind - are you using a admin account to change the setting back to ON? 

Kudos0

Thank you F4E. The only thing that worked was the remove and reinstall option. I'm glad there is a tool for this. My backups seem to be working well now. Thanks again.

Kudos0

You're welcome. Glad it worked for you ! 

Windows 10 Home X 64

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.