• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Cannot get the correct toolbar to run on 27.0.1 for Norton 360. Even had tech support try and no su

Have gone thru the process of repeated updates and no success with the patch.  Even had tech support take over my computer and couldn't get the patch to come up.  They actually said the patch is still in work.  How can some people get the patch and other can't.   Did get a new tool bar but, it is V2014.6.2.3 when I need V2014.6.5.1 from other Norton info.

HELP!!!!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Cannot get the correct toolbar to run on 27.0.1 for Norton 360. Even had tech support try and no su

Have gone thru the process of repeated updates and no success with the patch.  Even had tech support take over my computer and couldn't get the patch to come up.  They actually said the patch is still in work.  How can some people get the patch and other can't.   Did get a new tool bar but, it is V2014.6.2.3 when I need V2014.6.5.1 from other Norton info.

HELP!!!!!

Kudos0

Re: Cannot get the correct toolbar to run on 27.0.1 for Norton 360. Even had tech support try and no su

If you follow @yank 's instructions closely you should be able to get the toolbar.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Noron-Toolbar-in-Firefox-27/m-p/1091397/highlight/true#M17746

Edit : It would appear that all that is needed now is to download and run the Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool followed by running Live Update, restarting where required, until no more updates are available.

Then, please follow mine in this post and you should not have this problem again.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/FireFox-27-0-1/m-p/1095409/highlight/true#M253721.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Tried your revised suggestion and no good/  Did the remove and install tool and still the wrong version of the toolbar and it is not compatible??  Will try again in the AM.

Thanks for the ideas.

Kudos0

Last nite I tried it by simply re=installing Norton 360 and it didn't work.  This morning I followed the instructions exactly deleting firefox, reloading it then deleting norton 360 and finally installing it and going thru all of the live updates and still have the earlier version toolbar in firefox that is not compatible.

There has to be a way????

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

I  feel the following addtional house cleaning may be worth a try.

Please open Run by pressing windows key + R -> devmgmt.msc -> View Show

Hidden devices -> open Non-Plug and Play Drivers-> Maximize the Screen

If you have Identity Safe data Export it ->

Go to Control panel uninstall NIS ->select the second option to

completely uninstall ->restart -> Run Norton Removal Tool -> Restart ->

Go to the maximized page -> if you find   NAVENG, NAVEX15, Norton Antivirus settings manager, starting from Symantec

Data Store to SymEvent (entries starting with Sym)  ->right click on them

click uninstall -> For the Restart prompts select no -> Goto Program files

if you find Norton Folder delete it -> Go to Run ->type temp ->Delete all

the files in there -> Run -> %temp% ->delete all ->Now Restart the PC -

>Install the Norton 360 you have a key for: 

http://norton.com/latestn360
           or

http://norton.com/latestn360p

->Run Live Update until you get no updates found

message ->restart PC  

Let us know how it went for you.

Kudos0

On the road and don't have the key but, don't think I need it as I can log in to Norton and they recognize me  don't see safe data export.  Only concern is I want to save all my data and settings   picking the second uninstall deletes all settings and data; not good and then you tell me to uninstall NIS and I don't have that, have 360

Thanks,

Kudos0

Hi David - my bad - of course you need to uninstal N 360 - with as many situations as I work on a dfaily bsis - I am surpirsed I do not make more errors - sorry.  you shoujld not need your key if you can log into your Norton Account - actually it wil be listed there.

Export : 

Log into your ID Safe Vault, click on Vault is Open, then select the Kry Hole Icopn (lower left which shows Open Idnetity Safe App when hoverd over.  On next Page select the Gear Icon (shows Settings when hovered over).  Then select the Import/Export Tab and you can Export the ID Safe Data.  In theroy, you should not lose the ID Safe Settings when you select the second opinon nor run the Norton Removal Tool - but we recommend you Export them as a precaution.

Once again sorry I didn't change the NIS to N 360.

Kudos0

Hi, David. There is a product update just released which may help with your problem.

It is a full install,and just follow the manual update instructions in Tony Weiss' post here.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Product-Update-21-1-1-of-Norton-Internet-Security-amp-Norton/m-p/1096119#M253806

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Yes!!!!!!  Thanks, tried the recommendations by Yank and just before the new install, the computer had lots of errors and would not even reboot when it froze.  Finally reverted to a prior time and booting occurrec but, both firefox and 360 were there but, would not start.  Downloaded 360 and luckiily got the new version and then firefox.  Now toolbar works, etc.

Just a shame that norton put out BAD patches than needed all kinds of fixes to possibly make them work and almost caused my laptop to become an anchor.  All well now but, don't like the new tool bar.  Why change something that worked well?????

Thanks for all the help and finally have a good machine!!!!!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.