Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Cannot remove Norton Download Manager
My former ISP, Comcast, provided a complementary subscription to Norton Security Suite. It was great but expired when I switched to another ISP a few months ago.
- I successfully and completely removed Norton Security Suite using the Windows 10 app settings but Norton Download Manager is another story. Each time I wake my computer from sleep mode or reboot, Norton Download Manager returns with the following message:
- I used Task Manager to find the program and folder and delete it. However, it still keeps coming back and Norton Download Manager runs when I wake my computer
- Then, I researched the issue and downloaded, installed and ran Norton Remove and Reinstall using the Advanced option to remove only. However, each time I wake my computer from sleep mode or reboot, Norton Download Manager returns with that same annoying message!
- Next, I searched the Windows Registry and deleted every instance of the words "Comcast" and "Norton" that I could find. Yet, it still kept coming back.
- Finally, I contacted Norton support via chat and the tech person requested to remote into my computer. I gave him access and he installed another program (don't remember the name) and removed all instances of Norton files/folders on my computer then had me run Norton Remove and Reinstall using the Advanced option to remove only then reboot my computer. It appeared to be gone but a day or two later, it returned and keeps coming back!
I really don't want to format my hard drive and lose everything but this pervasive program feels like an annoying virus that is frustrating me to no end!!!!