• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Can't upgrade to latest Norton product -2015

Just renewed my Norton subscription online for another 12 months 2014/2015. When I go to upgrade my software from 2014 to 2015 Iam told I have the latest version? Never had this problem in the past. I have been a regular of user  Norton since 2009.

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Can't upgrade to latest Norton product -2015

Hello Starstruck

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum

The 2014 products are approaching the end of life. You can either renew your subscription and keep the same Norton product. That is either NAV, NIS or N360. The 2015 products are considered as new products. That is Norton Security and Norton Security with Backup.

If you decide to buy Norton Security or the one with Backup  and install it, then you can have a chat with customer support and they will add any left over days from your NIS or any of the 3 products I mentioned earlier. The keys from the 2014 products will not work with the 2015 products. Norton Security and with Backup have their own separate keys and they are not inter changeable.

The new products are good for 5 devices and 10 devices respectively. Here is a link that compares the different products and helps you to choose which product. Take a look around the Norton Security threads--the longer ones and see what is going on.

http://www.nortonsecurityonline.com/norton-security-vs-old-products.html

Thanks to F4E for the link.

Here is the link for the free chat.

.Please contact the free chat program by using this link.

http://www.norton.com/chat

Thanks

Please come back and tell us what you decide to do.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Thanks for the advice. Seeing as I've just renewed my 2014 product, I suppose I'm pretty much stuck with it for another 12 months.In the past you could upgrade your product using your existing key to obtain the latest Norton upgrade. I don't think Norton have been very clear this time around regarding the latest upgrade issue. 

You mention 2014 products are coming to end of life, I hope Norton are still going to continue to support the 2014 products throughout 2015/16. 

Kudos0

Thanks for the advice. Seeing as I've just renewed my 2014 product, I suppose I'm pretty much stuck with it for another 12 months.In the past you could upgrade your product using your existing key to obtain the latest Norton upgrade. I don't think Norton have been very clear this time around regarding the latest upgrade issue. 

You mention 2014 products are coming to end of life, I hope Norton are still going to continue to support the 2014 products throughout 2015/16. 

Kudos0

Hello Starstruck

The 2014 products will be support and they will update like they have been. Norton is counting the 2015 line of products as new products, therefore you would have to buy them this year. You can still buy Norton Security or the other one if you want to use the Backup feature or if you need more than 5 seats. It is good for computers, tablets, cell phones and macs. The 2014 products are only good for computers and laptops.

If you buy the Norton Security you can get all the days added on to your Norton Security subscription so you aren't losing any days. It's not automatic, but can be done with a free chat as I mentioned before. The 2015 can be installed over the top of the 2014 products also. I would recommend backing up your vault files if you use that.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

If you use the chat link above you should be able to get a refund for the renewal or apply it to NS.

Dave

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.