• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90 compatibility

My version of Google Chrome browser was updated to Version 60.0.3112.90.

The Norton Toolbar/Identity Safe was displayed and working on the previous release.  Once I updated to the latest version and restarted Chrome, the Toolbar/Safe no longer is displayed.  When I select 'manage extensions' I see that both are "checked" as being enabled.

I tried to do a refresh, by unchecking them both, and restarting Chrome.  They check them to re-enable, and again restart Chrome.

No luck.  The Norton Toolbar/Identity Safe do not display with Chrome 60.0.3112.90 for me.   I'm running Windows 10.

Any thoughts?  Thanks.
Jim

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90 compatibility

Hmm, not sure why.  It's working alright here on the same version of Chrome.  What happens if you click the Norton icon on the right of the address bar?

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

When I left click, nothing happens.   When I right click, I get a menu of options:

Norton Security Toolbar - when I select this, I get a popup window, that says "Added to Chrome", which it is.

Options (grayed out)

Remove from Chrome

Hide in Chrome

Manage Extensions - selecting this, I see Identity Safe (1.0.5) enabled, and Norton Security Toolbar (2017.0.0.9) enabled.

Kudos0

I rebooted Windows and the Norton Security Toolbar is back. 

Kudos0

Great!  I'm glad to hear you've got it sorted.

Thanks for letting us know.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

When in doubt, turn it off and turn it back on again, the golden rule of IT  Glad everything works!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.