• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

?Coincidence? Last week's patches to N360, and now no connnection to Identify Safe?

References: [Removed]. I have several dozen items (logins, wallet items, and other items) in the cloud Vault at Identity Safe. Until late last week, I wasn't having problems logging in to NIS, but now I've been locked out since about Saturday, 7/4, more or less. I have had three chats on this matter, and they are documented at the two cases above. I can still log into norton.com. I still have N360 working, which got (one, at least) patches/updates late last week. But, since then, when NIS prompts me to log into my Norton acccount and I enter the correct ID and password (no, not the Vault password, but the Norton password!), it seems to start reacting to my entry, but then after about a second it reverts to the same prompt to log into the Norton accout, or it shows an animated icon of accessing the accout then lprompts to log onto the Norton account. Two or more times, I received this popup error message: [[Norton Cloud Connect Error: Error occured while processing your request. Error id: ec9281f8-f588-4292-b205-f4ced073cc51 ]] Is anyone else having a similar problem since last week? Has anyone managed to get NIS access back? Thank you.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: ?Coincidence? Last week's patches to N360, and now no connnection to Identify Safe?

I have a similar issue, but with some additional detail that might help with troubleshooting (Norton please help).  I can log into identity safe from the same PC using a different family members Microsoft account (but logging into the same Norton account).  Yet when I try from my own Microsoft account (on same PC), I get the same behaviours as  jesimkins above when trying to log into identity safe from IE11:

• spinning circle after entering Norton account userid and password, then back to initial sign in button requesting to sign into Norton account
  • I can enter an incorrect Norton password, and it knows it is incorrect and it tells me so
  • at one time I got an error (only once): "Error occurred while processing your request.  Error id: 344576dd-2bd6-457d-a222-4cad7ef74d8a"
  • at one time I also got asked to enter in letters/numbers from visual picture for 'additional security'

This has been happening for at least two days now.

Kudos0

Re: ?Coincidence? Last week's patches to N360, and now no connnection to Identify Safe?

Hello

Please try logging in using an Administrator account. Please let us know if that has helped the issue. Thanks Welcome to the Norton Community also.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.2.47 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Both Microsoft windows accounts on the same PC are administrators, yet I cannot log into Norton account with the one (the other does login and ID safe works on that one).

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.