• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Disc usage 100% nsbu.exe

My computer disc usage is 100% every time I turn on the computer. I am looking task manager details and nsbu.exe I/O read and write values about 22.160.360 . And I can not use my computer about 20-30 minutes when I turn on. I will unistall norton, if it continues like this. What is the solution?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Disc usage 100% nsbu.exe

I called Norton about this same thing.  It's so irritating to turn your computer on and some software takes over it while you sit and wait!  Their representative logged on to my computer saying she could "fix" the problem.  Her solution was to go into msconfig and "fix" it so that Norton wouldn't load when I turned my computer on!!!!!  Doesn't that mean that I have no protection?  What's the use of Norton if you can't use it?

Kudos0

When you start, Norton adds "signatures" for new viruses.  Sometimes you get updates to the actual Norton program.  It does take time.  If you pop up Windows 10 Task Manager you can see Norton occupying a lot of memory and disk.  Maybe the good folks at Norton will tell us how to ease the overhead impact happening right at startup.  Maybe the update tasks can wait till other Windows tasks complete or spread the tasks out so they run in the background and let you get on with what you turned on your PC for.  Any Norton folks out there listening? 

Kudos0

All: I see the original poster as being on Windows 10 so I will address that. Windows 8 - 10 has a feature named "fast boot" which when enabled will cause issues with not only Norton products but others as well. My suggestion is to disable this setting and reboot your computers. Fast boot enabled prevents the computer from doing a complete and clean shutdown. Here is how in the event you are not aware of how: https://community.norton.com/en/forums/windows-881-or-10-and-fast-start-feature-0

When rebooted manually run live updates to get the latest for your product.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.