• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Does Norton 360 contain an SSL to keep my Network Secure

Well the title says what my problem is. My bank account got hacked for $8.52 by what it says is Netflix. So I call netflix and they try to sell me $300.00 SSL. Doesn't norton 360 have this socket and will the firewall protect me from outside intrusion. I think it was an email that got me hacked as I am getting a lot of new emails from folks I never asked for.

Thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Does Norton 360 contain an SSL to keep my Network Secure

Absolutely nothing can stop a hacker. Your bank account could have been hacked millions of ways. Are you a Netflix member for starters? Norton 360 can keep your browser and computer safe but it does not protect your actual bank accounts. No security software does. Can you pin point when this exactly happened and what you were doing? If you are getting stranges emails then you should probably switch your email address and provider. 

Kudos1 Stats

My bank account got hacked for $8.52 by what it says is Netflix.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/netflix-users-under-attack-as-hackers-try-to-steal-credit-card-info

Kudos0

Do not open links landing in your inbox

First lesson in staying safe online. Good find bkm. 

Kudos0

SSL (now replaced by TLS) is a secure connection between your browser and a website.  Whenever you visit a secure site, like a banking site, your browser and the site will automatically set up a secure SSL connection.  It isn't something you buy or need to add.  Netflix would not try to sell you such a thing, let alone for $300.  That sounds like a scam by someone masquerading, perhaps, as Netflix. 

Kudos0

it was a phishing email he clicked on which lead to him having his credit card stolen. But companies such as NetFlix, Paypal or your bank will never send you such emails. It is very easy to tell a phishing site by looking up at the URL bar. You will notice that the web address is not Netflix.com but some like 123xzy.com. And not secure padlock in the left corner of the web address. 

Kudos0

Ya I get it now. The first time I have had my bank account hacked, and just 5 min ago netflix called and asked me if I had setup auto renew. Told them I didn't even have a netflix account and to kill the auto renew. Boy what a hassle. Phishing email is a real bummer. So now I have to call the bank and have my card replaced. I also delete emails that I don't know where they come from. I pride myself in being honest and trustworthy but the world is filled with aholes who woukd robe you blind if they got the chance.

Kudos0

The emails should be in your deleted items. Unless you deleted them from there also. If it was a fake Netflix email you can forward that email to them. I do not think it was Netflix calling you either cause they will not do that. Have had Netflix for years. 

Kudos0

@Willywemo:

To make the best of your Norton 360, you may also read the below threads:

Thx and luck~ :)

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Kudos0

Are you using web based email or Outlook?
Kudos0

Hello

Verizon changed email ports many years ago as did most ISP's to other than 110 & 25.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.