• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Downloaded New 360 version: All my stored passwords are gone

Saw the popup message from Norton about downloading the new version.  Downloaded it---all my stored passwords and any evidence I had a previous norton product using identity safe----alll gone.  WTF?  I've already wasted a half hour trying to figure out---reading posts--not happy.  Older version was working fine and wasn't wasting my time.

hw

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Downloaded New 360 version: All my stored passwords are gone

Hi,

The installation was an automatic system upgrade or you downloaded the file and installed it manually? If its manual, did you uninstall the older version of the product and reinstalled the new one or it was a direct over install of new one over the old one.

After installing the new version of the product, what does it say when you goto identity safe settings? Does it allow you to login to your identity safe?

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos0

Thank you prasanna_a.  The Norton window simply instructed to "click here to download."  Nothing about 'uninstall previous version'.....no additional instructions at all.

When I go to Identity Safe, the page is "identity safe SETEP," as if I have not had Identity Safe already set up for all the years I have used this Norton product.  There are no prompts asking me to save passwords, and none of my previously saved passwords are filled in automatically on websites that I visit frequently.  I am wary about logging in now since it asks to CREATE a password and user name.  I have this same Norton product installed on 2 other computers; I did not receive the Norton window about upgrading on either of the other two computers.

thank you again

herb

Kudos0

Hi,

Please goto the %program data% folder ->Norton/{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}/N360_x.x.x/IdentitySafeDataStore/ just check if there are two files - IDDStor.dat and IDDStor.dat.bak are available in the subfolders.

Also, do you have any backup copy of identity safe data created previously?

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos0

I'm sorry.  I'm just an ordinary schmuck using Norton to protect my computer while I work.  I have no idea where or what is "%program data% folder ->Norton/{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}/N3​60_x.x.x/IdentitySafeDataStore"

or how to find it. 

It sounds impressive however.

Thank you

hw

Kudos1 Stats

Hi hwmpg,

Translated prasanna_a was saying:

Right click on Start, left click on Windows Explorer, then locate C: and left click on the arrow in front of it, then locate and left click on the arrow in front of Program Data,  then locate Norton and left click on the arrow in front of Norton, then locate and left click on the arrow in front of {0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}, then locate and left click on the arrow in front of N360_X.X.X (in this case the X.X.X represents the cersion number of the engine - in your case it should be a 6.1.2.something), then locate and left click on the arrow in front of Identity Safe Data Store.  Left click on the folder that appears under Identitty Safe Data Store and see if there is a IDDStore .dat and an IDDStore_bak.dat show in the righthand box.

Please let prasanna_a know if you have those two files available or not.

In regards to the question about the backup copy of ID Safe, it would have been an .NPM file that was created using your old copy of N 360.  You may be able to locate it by right clicking on Start, left clicking on Windows Explorer, highlighting C: and then entering ID Safe.npm in the Search block in the upper right hand corener and hitting enter.  If the search returns any results, you'll want the most recent NPM File type by date and then you should be able to see the location of it so you can navigate to it.  This file should then be able to be imported into your new N 360 install using the Import function within N 360. The Import is found after signing into ID Safe and going to Settings > Idnetitiy Protection > Import Idnetity Safe Data.

I hope this information helps you get this sorted.

Kudos0

I am having the same issue I upgraded to the New Norton .360 and I have lost all of my password logins. I have done a search and nothing returns with the .npm extension. I did not do a backup because I thought that all of my settings would be saved. When I went to login to identity safe it asked me to create a profile so I did, but now all of my logins are gone.

Kudos0

mrseantb wrote:

I am having the same issue I upgraded to the New Norton .360 and I have lost all of my password logins. I have done a search and nothing returns with the .npm extension. I did not do a backup because I thought that all of my settings would be saved. When I went to login to identity safe it asked me to create a profile so I did, but now all of my logins are gone.

Welcome,

How did you do your upgrade? Also, did you have your identity safe data saved just on your computer or did you also move it online? When you created the new profile did you use the same information as you had been using with the old profile?

Thanks

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos0

Thank you for the extensive reply.  I would not have had a clue.  This computer runs Vista and I did not see a START button.  Are they hiding it somewhere.  I tried searching for some of the other terms in your reply (I clicked on the Windows icon in the bottom LH corner of the screen-->brings up the START SEARCH box....that's where I entered some of the other terms in your reply) but did not hit on any of those terms. 

There must be a way to do this with Vista, but that way is not in my knowledge base.

Thank you again for the help.

hw

Kudos0

Promted me to download... only had the information on my computer was not aware that I could save it online.. same user name but had to modify the password..

Kudos0

hwmpg wrote:

Thank you for the extensive reply.  I would not have had a clue.  This computer runs Vista and I did not see a START button.  Are they hiding it somewhere.  I tried searching for some of the other terms in your reply (I clicked on the Windows icon in the bottom LH corner of the screen-->brings up the START SEARCH box....that's where I entered some of the other terms in your reply) but did not hit on any of those terms. 

There must be a way to do this with Vista, but that way is not in my knowledge base.

Thank you again for the help.

hw

You actually found the Start button I was referring to - but you need to right click on it.  The start/search comes up when you left click on it.  Then follow the rst of the instructions paying attention to left or right click. 

Kudos0

First run LiveUpdate from Norton 360 repeatedly until you receive all the available updates, and then restart the computer. Once the computer restarts, follow the instructions from the below KB to setup Identity Safe:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=v71622733_EndUserProfile_en_us

Check whether you get all the logins after that and let us know the results.

Thanks,

HarryP

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.